|First appearance||The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister|
|Last appearance||The One With Princess Consuela|
|Number of episodes||6|
|Portrayed by||Steven Eckholdt|
|Relatives|| Sibling(s) |
Mrs. Robinson (wife)
Mark Robinson was introduced in Season 3 as a customer at the 50's themed Moondance Diner where Monica was employed. Overhearing a whining conversation between Rachel and Monica he offers to help Rachel get a job alongside him at Bloomingdale's (Rachel was employed at Fortunata Fashions after quitting her job at Central Perk to pursue her fashion career). Ross was jealous of Mark's relationship with Rachel and resentful of him. Mark was always considered as an obstacle to Ross and Rachel's relationship and was happy when they broke up.
After Ross and Rachel ended their relationship, it is revealed that Mark had always had a crush on Rachel and the two went on a date, much to the dismay of Gunther (he was present when Mark asked Rachel out and was so infuriated that he went and smashed some Central Perk property!). However Rachel refused to continue a romantic relationship with him due to her mourning the end of her relationship with Ross and when she realized that she was only dating Mark to get back at Ross. Since Rachel felt that being with Mark would be to get back at Ross, Mark decides to "get back at Ross with himself." At some point before Ross and Rachel broke up (In The One With Phoebe's Ex-Partner, actually.), Mark either left his job or got promoted, and was replaced by Sophie.
While Mark only appeared in season 3, his reappearance in season 10 had a major impact after he catches Rachel and Ross carrying Rachel's possessions out from Ralph Lauren (she was fired for going on an interview with Gucci). Ross doesn't remember him at first, until Rachel reminds him, in which he declares, "I hate that guy!" making him jealous again. It was then revealed that Mark is married with twins, calming Ross all of a sudden. Mark did however find Rachel a job with Louis Vuitton leading to almost moving to Paris, Ross tries to bribe Mr. Zelner into re-employing her, finally allowing her to go after realizing how nervous and scared, yet incredibly excited she was. Rachel doesn't end up going, deciding to stay with Ross at the last minute; leaving behind the job Mark acquired for her.
- It is obvious that Mark is not an only child because he was mentioned having a niece in Season 3 and was not married at that time.
- The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister (First appearance)
- The One With All The Jealousy
- The One With Phoebe's Ex-Partner
- The One Where Ross And Rachel Take A Break
- The One With The Morning After (Mentioned only)
- The One Without The Ski Trip (Mentioned only)
- The One With The Tiny T-Shirt
- The One With The Cuffs (Mentioned only)
- The One With Rachel's New Dress (Mentioned only)
- The One With The Invitation (Mentioned in flashback)
- The One With Princess Consuela
- The One Where Estelle Dies (Mentioned only in 'Previously on Friends' part as 'he')