|The One After Joey And Rachel Kiss|
|Season 10, episode 1|
|219th overall episode of Friends|
|Ross catches Joey and Rachel in a kiss.|
September 25, 2003
"The One After Joey And Rachel Kiss" is the first episode of the tenth season of Friends, which aired on September 25, 2003.
Monica, Chandler and Phoebe find out that they can hear through the walls in their hotel rooms. Monica and Chandler cover the wall where they can hear Joey and Rachel kissing, and Phoebe covers the wall where Charlie and Ross are kissing. Both couples put their relationships on hold while they wait to talk to the other before proceeding. On the plane home, Ross tells Joey about him and Charlie, but Joey doesn't tell Ross about him and Rachel in the effect that it might upset him. Monica decides to get rid of her poofy hair by getting corn rows. Back in New York, Rachel tries to tell Ross, but he becomes mad over shampoo-explosion-related emergencies. Rachel and Joey decide to tell him together the next morning. But when an attempt to kiss each other goodnight turns into a make-out session between them, Ross walks in on them.
Cast and Crew
- Jennifer Aniston - Rachel Green
- Courtney Cox - Monica Geller
- Lisa Kudrow - Phoebe Buffay
- Matt LeBlanc - Joey Tribbiani
- Matthew Perry - Chandler Bing
- David Schwimmer - Ross Geller
- Anne Dudek - Precious
- Paul Rudd - Mike Hannigan
- Cali Sheldon - Emma Geller-Green
- Noelle Sheldon - Emma Geller-Green
- Aisha Tyler - Charlie Wheeler
Kevin S. Bright
- This episode is one of the few titles that doesn't begin with "The One Where..." or "The One With..."
- This is the last episode with the title "The One After..."
- Anne Dudek plays Precious, who gets dumped on her birthday. She goes on to guest star as Natalie on How I Met Your Mother, and again gets dumped on her birthday (twice) by the main character, Ted.
- Ross is the last one in the gang to find out about Joey and Rachel, much like he's the last one to find out about Chandler and Monica dating, Chandler and Monica's engagement, and Rachel's pregnancy.
- In the uncut DVD version, there's an extra scene on the plane, where Ross and Rachel are talking.
- Despite repeated through-wall pans, the rooms are not adjacent sets. The effect was executed in post, and is not a clean transition.
- The room arrangement is non-physical. Ross's room cannot be located through the particular wall shown given it's shape and the location of the doors and windows. Joey's room could be in the indicated position, but would need to be a much further distance via hallway than indicated, as his and Chandler and Monica's rooms would need to both be the last room on the end of two adjacent dead-end hallways.
- In the room where Monica and Chandler are staying, you can sometimes see the top of the back set wall. Right before the scene where they board the plane, you can see the top of the wall, as well as a boom microphone and set lights. Just before Chandler sits next to Monica on the plane, you can see a cameraman on the left hand side.
- When Monica, Chandler, and Phoebe are listening through Ross's wall (before the theme song), the camera scrolls past the wall, showing it is just one wall dividing the rooms. In later shots, however (like when the door's open), you can see that they are divided by a hallway as well.
- While on the plane, Ross goes to talk to Joey about how he kissed Charlie. Before he says so, Joey says that he knows, causing Ross to awkwardly laugh. In the background, Jennifer Aniston can be seen laughing.
- When Rachel goes to Ross' apartment to tell him about her and Joey, Rachel puts down her handbag on the coffee table twice.
- When Ross and Charlie are sitting on the bed it shows Charlie fixing her T-shirt. In the very next shot her hands are on her lap.
- After Precious storms off after slapping Mike, Phoebe can be seen crossing her legs with the left leg on her her right, but on the next shot the legs switch places.
- At the end, Ross walks into Joey's apartment, he walks past the door. Next shot he is level with the middle of the door.
- Rachel's hair color is lighter than it was in The One In Barbados and her skin tone is darker.
- When Ross walks in on Joey and Rachel at the end of the episode, the wall to the right of the door (facing the hallway) has a cutout and the hall can be seen through it.
| Preceded by|
"The One In Barbados, Part 2"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One Where Ross Is Fine"
|<< Season 9||Season 10|
|#01||"The One After Joey And Rachel Kiss"||#07||"The One With The Home Study"||#13||"The One Where Joey Speaks French"|
|#02||"The One Where Ross Is Fine"||#08||"The One With The Late Thanksgiving"||#14||"The One With Princess Consuela"|
|#03||"The One With Ross' Tan"||#09||"The One With The Birth Mother"||#15||"The One Where Estelle Dies"|
|#04||"The One With The Cake"||#10||"The One Where Chandler Gets Caught||#16||"The One With Rachel's Going Away Party"|
|#05||"The One Where Rachel's Sister Babysits"||#11||"The One Where The Stripper Cries"||#17||"The Last One, Part 1"|
|#06||"The One With Ross's Grant"||#12||"The One With Phoebe's Wedding"||#18||"The Last One, Part 2"|