|The One In Vegas, Part 2|
|Season 5, episode 24|
|121st overall episode of Friends|
|Rachel and Ross drunkenly emerge from the wedding chapel.|
May 20, 1999
"The One In Vegas" is the double-length season finale of the fifth season of Friends. Both parts aired as a one-hour long episode on May 20, 1999.
Monica gambles instead of making up with Chandler. While Rachel is sleeping Ross draws a beard and a mustache on her face. Rachel is really upset because it won't come off. Monica and Chandler make up when Monica tells him she won't see Richard anymore and that Chandler is the love of her life.
Rachel doesn't want to leave her room so Ross and Rachel get drunk and play blackjack in Ross' room. Monica and Chandler win big in the casino. They bet that if they win the next round they will get married right now and... they win! Ross and Rachel are very drunk and leave the room with both their faces drawn on. When Chandler and Monica go to get married, Rachel and Ross come out of the chapel very drunk - and married!
Cast and Crew
Thomas Lennon - Randall
Jeanette Miller - The Elderly Woman
Rick Pasqualone - The Croupier
Rojai Holloway - The Security Guard
Frank Novak - The Gambler
Gabi Simson - The Woman Dealer
Nina Mann - Attendant
Kevin S. Bright
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, the elderly woman 'lurking' the slot machines lures Phoebe away with an apparent call from Monica and Chandler. After answering the phone, Phoebe catches on and shouts at the woman. Phoebe then asks her if she is the same woman from before, to which she shouts at her again.
- This episode is one of the few titles that doesn't begin with "The One Where..." or "The One With..." Also, the closing credits have a yellow font; this is the only episode in the entire series to feature this;
- This is the only time throughout all ten seasons the Central Perk set was taken down. It was turned into Caesar's Palace for this episode;
- TV Guide named Ross and Rachel's drunken union the #1 Friends moment.
- This is Ross' last marriage shown on screen, since his remarriage to Rachel happened after the series ended.
- When Monica is playing craps whilst stood at the foot of the table (and when Chandler announces he's "going home"), the person directly on her right (left on-screen) is producer Adam Chase.
- Whilst in some countries the "lurking" strategy may make sense, in Vegas slot machines' spins are completely independent of each other and controlled by a central computer, so there is no way to cash in on a machine that is ready to pay.
- At the end of the episode, the Elvis Presley song, Viva Las Vegas is played.
- The song playing where Chandler and Monica kiss is "Everybody Loves Somebody" by Dean Martin. This song also appeared on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episode "Here Comes the Judge"; it is played when Carlton Banks is singing when he picks up the phone and then where Will Smith is thinking about Jazz.
- When Ross tells Rachel to go the men's room to the right, after she went the opposite direction to the women's room, there is a sign behind Ross directing people in search of the men's room to go to the left.
- When Monica is told to hit an eight at the Craps board, the one visible die shows a one, making it impossible to reach eight. Yet they celebrate winning.
- When Rachel and Ross are in the hotel room and Rachel goes to the mini fridge to get the liquor bottles, her purse is towards the head side of the bed by the pillows, in the next scene as she is putting the bottles on the bed, her purse strap is on top of the phone towards the bottom right side of the bed, then her purse is back towards the pillows in the next scene as she is spitting the macadamia nutts at Ross on the bed.
- After Joey leaves the hotel room that Ross and Rachel are in after playing cards while drunk, Ross eats something off the floor and says "there's that macadamia nut" and you can see a 7 (of diamonds or hearts) playing card on the floor next to him. He then spits it out and says "nope, something else" and now you can see the same red suited 7 card tucked halfway under the bed and 2 more cards on the floor, one being a 3 of spades or clubs that was not there in the last shot.
-After phoebe wins at the machine using the lurker's quarter, a camera man is visible to the left of the slot machines.
| Preceded by|
"The One In Vegas, Part 1"
|"The One In Vegas, Part 2"|| Followed by |
"The One After Vegas"
|<< Season 4||Season 5||Season 6 >>|
|#01||"The One After Ross Says Rachel"||#09||"The One With Ross' Sandwich"||#17||"The One With Rachel's Inadvertent Kiss"|
|#02||"The One With All The Kissing"||#10||"The One With The Inappropriate Sister"||#18||"The One Where Rachel Smokes"|
|#03||"The One Hundredth"||#11||"The One With All The Resolutions"||#19||"The One Where Ross Can't Flirt"|
|#04||"The One Where Phoebe Hates PBS"||#12||"The One With Chandler's Work Laugh||#20||"The One With The Ride-Along"|
|#05||"The One With The Kips"||#13||"The One With Joey's Bag"||#21||"The One With The Ball"|
|#06||"The One With The Yeti"||#14||"The One Where Everybody Finds Out"||#22||"The One With Joey's Big Break"|
|#07||"The One Where Ross Moves In"||#15||"The One With The Girl Who Hits Joey"||#23||"The One In Vegas, Part 1"|
|#08||"The One With All The Thanksgivings"||#16||"The One With The Cop"||#24||"The One In Vegas, Part 2"|