|"The One Where Estelle Dies"|
Phoebe talks to Joey as Estelle.
|Written by|| Mark Kunerth|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| E.J. Callahan as Al Zebooker |
Steve Ireland as Mr. Zelner
Jane Lynch as Ellen
Cali Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green
Noelle Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green
Maggie Wheeler as Janice Litman Goralnik
|Original airdate||April 22, 2004|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One Where Estelle Dies" is the fifteenth episode of the tenth season of Friends, which aired on April 22, 2004.
Too much bad stuff is happening around Joey - his best friends are moving into a new house, Rachel is moving to Paris for her new job, and to make it even worse, his agent, Estelle, dies. He doesn't get to learn about this last piece of news, however, because it's Phoebe who finds out about Estelle, and she impersonates her over the phone. Eventually she ends up telling him of her death.
Monica and Chandler are checking out their new home, but Chandler bumps into another prospective buyer - Janice. After learning that Chandler and Monica already made an offer, she decides to buy the house next to it. It takes a reckless Chandler to fake his never-wavered feelings for her (and a struggled kiss between the two) to make Janice change her mind.
Meanwhile, Ross tries everything in his power to make Rachel stay, including bribing Mr. Zelner to re-offer Rachel her old job with increased salary, but after seeing how much having a job in Paris means to Rachel, he decides to drop his efforts and let her leave for Paris.
Cast and CrewEdit
- This is the last appearance of Maggie Wheeler as Janice, Steven Ireland as Mr. Zelner, and the Sheldon Twins as Emma Geller Green.
- This is the last episode titled "The One Where..."
- Estelle is one of the few recurring characters, including Joanna, Mr. Heckles and Althea, that dies in the show.
- Al Zeeboker, portrayed by E. J. Callahan, is also seen in The One With The Ballroom Dancing as a client as Phoebe's massage parlor.
- Joey states that Estelle only has two clients but in at least one earlier episode another client has been heard talking to Estelle on the telephone but it is possible that the other client may have hired another agent.
- When Chandler says his boss is getting him a new lamp in his cubicle, his arm is over the back of the chair, in the immediate next shot it is moved and then back again.
- When Chandler and Monica are at the door of the house you can see that it is a fake background behind Chandler
- The second time Ross visits Mr. Zelner, he hands him a pterodactyl egg replica. The hole in the egg switches between the top or bottom, depending on the shot.
- Near the end when Chandler is talking to Janice at one point his hands go from pointing straight ahead to his pockets.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Princess Consuela"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Rachel's Going Away Party"