|The One Where Paul's The Man|
|Season 6, episode 22|
|143rd overall episode of Friends|
|Paul acting weird, Ross looking.|
May 4, 2000
"The One Where Paul's The Man" is the twenty-second episode of the sixth season of Friends, which aired on May 4, 2000.
PlotElizabeth's dad, Paul, tells Ross not to see Elizabeth anymore or he will call the university and have him fired. Monica, Phoebe and Rachel go to a museum and learn that the beautiful gallery space can be hired for weddings. There is a 2-year waiting list and they all make a reservation - if they don't have a guy by then they can always cancel it. Elizabeth and Ross don't stop seeing each other and agree to hide their relationship from Paul.
They go to Elizabeth's grandma's cottage for the weekend but Rachel and Paul turn up as well. Ross catches Paul doing an embarrassing little dance calling himself "the man" and "the love machine" so Ross won't tell Rachel if Paul won't get him fired. Joey tries to get his picture up on a wall in a shop, buts end up getting into trouble. Chandler finds out that Monica hired the museum for the wedding in his and her name. Chandler freaks out and tells Monica he isn't ready. She promises that it didn't mean anything and that she didn't mean to pressure him. When she steps out, Phoebe asks Chandler if Monica was fooled; he replies in the affirmative, and agrees that the museum is a beautiful space, revealing that he intends to ask Monica to marry him.
Cast and Crew
- Ilia Volok, who plays the owner of the laundromat, also played one of the main Russian terrorists in Air Force One.
- Ross' dialogue 'a man with a plan' is a reference to Willis' film Die Hard.
- Ultimately, Chandler and Monica's wedding is held in an event space at a hotel rather than the museum shown in this episode.
- When Ross is jumping out the window Elizabeth's fly is closed, then open in the next scene
- There are two mistakes in the scene where Phoebe spots Joey's picture in the laundromat. For one thing, when Phoebe says "Oh, here it is", she is looking in the opposite direction of the picture. Also, when she says this, her mouth doesn't move at all.
| Preceded by|
"The One Where Ross Meets Elizabeth's Dad"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Ring"