|"The One Where Rachel's Sister Baby-Sits"|
Rachel learns that Amy had Emma's ears pierced.
|Written by||Dana Klein Borkow|
|Directed by||Roger Christiansen|
|Guest stars|| Christina Applegate as Amy Green |
Paul Rudd as Mike Hannigan
Cali Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green
Noelle Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green
Aisha Tyler as Charlie Wheeler
|Original airdate||October 30, 2003|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
Monica and Chandler let Joey write a letter of recommendation for adoption, but they find out that he sent the letter in hand-written, luckily the adoption agency like it due to the fact they believe a child wrote it.
Rachel's sister, Amy, visits again, and decides to stay with Joey and Rachel which proves to be a quite a pain. While babysitting Emma, Amy gets her ears peirced much to the anger of Ross and Rachel, however the two sisters make up.
Mike takes Pheobe to a game on their anniversary planning to propose, unfortunatly she says how tacky proposing at a game really is ruining Mike's proposal. After realising this she talks to her friends and decides she should propose to him in case he never does agan, the couple go to another game and Pheobe proposes. However she embarases Mike when people boo and insult him. They go to a restuarant afterward, where Pheobe says that she doesn't mind how he does it, and states how cheesy it would be to hide the ring in a cake. Which Mike has done, he then gives up and proposes right there and Pheobe happily accepts.
Cast and CrewEdit
Dana Klein Borkow
- This is the final appearance of Christina Applegate as Amy Green.
- Amy tells Rachel that Jill gained about fifteen pounds, a reference to Reese Witherspoon being pregnant at the time this episode aired.
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, Amy suggests bringing pasta to Jill, however Rachel says that "garlic bread is her weakness".
- Despite Ross and Rachel's anger at Amy getting Emma's ears pierced, in future episodes Emma's ears are still pierced.
- When Amy converses with Ross, she mistakenly identifies him as someone who sold her a falafel a few days before. Later, an exasperated Ross says to Amy "What do I know, I just sell Middle Eastern food from a cart!" However, falafels are Mediterranean, not Middle Eastern.
- In this episode, Phoebe states that it's her and Mike's one year anniversary. Rachel then asks what the anniversary was of; ('First date? First kiss? First time you had sex?) and Phoebe says 'yeah!' implying that all those things happened on the first date. However, Phoebe and Mike's first official date was when Joey set them up in 'The One With the Pediatrician' where the date ended badly and Phoebe stormed off, not to see Mike until the following day at the coffee house. However, she might feel that the blind date set up by Joey didn't count as their first date, and referring to their first "real" date. (when she says yeah! it might actually mean that she doesnt actually remember what the anniversary was for, thus the joke)
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Cake"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Ross' Grant"