|The One Where Ross Dates A Student|
This is where I keep the pizza
|Written by||Seth Kurland|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| Alexandra Holden - Elizabeth Stevens|
|Original airdate||March 9, 2000|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One Where Ross Dates A Student" is the eighteenth episode of the sixth season of Friends, which aired on March 9, 2000.
Ross gets his anonymous teacher evaluations back and finds out that he has an admirer amongst his students. The student, Elizabeth, asks Ross out. There was a fire in Phoebe's apartment probably due to Phoebe's candles. Phoebe stays at Joey's and Rachel at Monica's until the apartment will be fixed. Chandler's friend Dana from college directs the new Al Pacino movie so Chandler has to take her out to get Joey an audition. Ross and Elizabeth have a great time on their date. Phoebe finds out that the fire was caused by Rachel's hair iron so Rachel has to stay at Joey's and Phoebe can stay at Hotel Monica. Rachel actually enjoys her time at Joey's because she can mess around as much as she wants and Phoebe gets quite annoyed with Monica's constant attention. Ross thinks it isn't against the rules to date a student but people will frown upon their relationship. He decides to go out with her because he doesn't care what people think but his colleagues tell him it actually is against the rules. Ross and Elizabeth like each other too much to stop going out. Joey gets the audition but he forgets about it.
Cast and CrewEdit
Alexandra Holden - Elizabeth Stevens
Bess Meyer - Dana Keystone
Richard Roat - Burt
Greg Wrangler - Fireman #1
David Warshofsky - Fireman #2
Louisa Abernathy - Lydia
David Moreland - Mel
James Michael Tyler - Gunther
- In the beginning of the episode, the fruit that Chandler holds up to Monica (to which she replies, "I don't know.") is a Kiwano, or African horned cucumber.
- When Ross is trying to find out who the admirer is (before Elizabeth reveals herself), Joey uncharacteristically shows how smart he is when he tells Ross to try and identify the handwriting from one of her tests.
- In this episode, Rachel wears the same gray shirt that says "Girls" on it as Susan in season three's The One With The Metaphorical Tunnel, except that on Rachel's shirt, the font is green and on Susan's shirt, it's purple.
- When Monica introduces Rachel to her new room after the fire, she asks her how she wants the eggs in the morning so she can bring them to her in bed. Later, she doesn't allow Phoebe to eat cookies in the bedroom because of the "crumbies". That is probably because eggs don't leave crumbs the way cookies do.
- The smell in Joey's apartment is old shrimp. Rachel is the one who figures it out. This can only be seen in the DVD episode with extras.
- Monica and Phoebe living together proves to be as annoying to Phoebe as it had been as seen in The One With The Flashback, both times for similar reasons.
- When Chandler, Joey and Ross are talking about Dana Keystone from college, Ross is holding a water bottle; it disappears, then he is holding it again.
- At the beginning, when Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe is having breakfast, the colored table napkin that Chandler uses, keeps on changing position while he and Joey talks about getting an audition from his former colleague in college who is now a movie director.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Unagi"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Joey's Fridge"