|The One Where Ross Dates A Student|
This is where I keep the pizza
|Written by||Seth Kurland|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| Alexandra Holden - Elizabeth Stevens|
|Original airdate||March 9, 2000|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One Where Ross Dates A Student" is the eighteenth episode of the sixth season of Friends, which aired on March 9, 2000.
Ross gets his anonymous teacher evaluations back and finds out that he has an admirer amongst his students. The student, Elizabeth, asks Ross out. There was a fire in Phoebe's apartment probably due to Phoebe's candles. Phoebe stays at Joey's and Rachel at Monica's until the apartment will be fixed. Chandler's friend Dana from college directs the new Al Pacino movie so Chandler has to take her out to get Joey an audition. Ross and Elizabeth have a great time on their date. Phoebe finds out that the fire was caused by Rachel's hair iron so Rachel has to stay at Joey's and Phoebe can stay at Hotel Monica. Rachel actually enjoys her time at Joey's because she can mess around as much as she wants and Phoebe gets quite annoyed with Monica's constant attention. Ross thinks it isn't against the rules to date a student but people will frown upon their relationship. He decides to go out with her because he doesn't care what people think but his colleagues tell him it actually is against the rules. Ross and Elizabeth like each other too much to stop going out. Joey gets the audition but he forgets about it.
Cast and CrewEdit
Alexandra Holden - Elizabeth Stevens
Bess Meyer - Dana Keystone
Richard Roat - Burt
Greg Wrangler - Fireman #1
David Warshofsky - Fireman #2
Louisa Abernathy - Lydia
David Moreland - Mel
James Michael Tyler - Gunther
- This is the first appearance of Alexandra Holden as Elizabeth Stevens in the series.
- As of this episode, all of the gang have at one point lived at Chandler and Joey's apartment;
- Chandler moved in before the events of "The Pilot" (S1E1);
- Joey also moved in before the events of "The Pilot" as shown in "The One With The Flashback" (S3E6);
- Monica and Rachel briefly lived there when they lost their apartment to Chandler and Joey in "The One With The Embryos" (S4E12) and lived there until "The One With All The Haste" (S4E19), and Rachel again lives here in this episode;
- Ross moved in after Emily's cousin kicked him out of his new apartment in "The One Where Ross Moves In" (S5E7) and lived there until "The One Where Everybody Finds Out" (S5E14), where he buys Ugly Naked Guy's apartment;
- And Phoebe briefly lives there in this episode.
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, Rache figures out that the smell in Joey's apartment is old shrimp.
- Ironically, when she lived there in season 4, Rachel hated Chandler and Joey's apartment, but now she actually enjoys living there.
- In the beginning of the episode, the fruit that Chandler holds up to Monica (to which she replies, "I don't know.") is a Kiwano.
- In this episode, Rachel wears the same grey shirt that says "Girls" on it as Susan in "The One With The Metaphorical Tunnel" (S3E4), except that on Rachel's shirt, the font is green and on Susan's shirt, it's purple.
- Monica and Phoebe living together proves to be as annoying to Phoebe as it had been as seen in "The One With The Flashback", both times for similar reasons.
- When Chandler, Joey and Ross are talking about Dana Keystone from college, Ross is holding a water bottle; it disappears, then he is holding it again.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Chandler, Monica, and Phoebe are having breakfast, the colored table napkin that Chandler uses keeps on changing position while he and Joey talk about getting an audition from his former colleague in college who is now a movie director.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Unagi"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Joey's Fridge"