|"The One Where Ross Got High"|
It tastes like feet
|Written by||Gregory S. Malins|
|Directed by||Kevin S. Bright|
|Guest stars|| Elliott Gould as Jack Geller |
Elle Macpherson as Janine Lecroix
Christina Pickles as Judy Geller
|Original airdate||November 25, 1999|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One Where Ross Got High" is the ninth episode of the sixth season of Friends, which aired on November 25, 1999. Monica hosts Thanksgiving and Chandler uses the occasion to try and win her parents over. The episode involves a subplot where Rachel makes a trifle including a layer of beef.
The Geller parents are coming over for Thanksgiving, but they don't know that Chandler and Monica are living together, or even dating for that matter. Chandler tries to charm the Gellers to get them to like him so that they can tell them the truth. Monica lets Rachel make the dessert this year, but the cookbook pages are stuck together and Rachel ends up making a trifle that is half trifle half shepherds pie. It comprises layers of ladyfingers, jam, custard, raspberries, more ladyfingers, beef sauteed with peas and onions, a little more custard, bananas, then whipped cream.
Ross finally figures out why the Jack and Judy don't like Chandler: in college Ross smoked pot in the dorm room and when his parents walked in, he blamed it on Chandler. Joey and Ross are also invited to spend Thanksgiving with Janine, Joey's roommate, and her hot dancer friends, but the girls make them stay. Ross finally tells his parents that it wasn't Chandler. Monica and Ross takes this opportunity to yell out secrets about each other they have wanted to say, and finally, Ross states that Monica and Chandler are living together. This results in Phoebe admitting to being in love with Jacques Cousteau; Rachel realizing she wasn't supposed to put beef in the trifle; and Joey saying he just wants to leave. The Gellers take a liking to Chandler and thank him for standing by Ross during his "drug problems" and for "taking on Monica as well".
Cast and CrewEdit
Kevin S. Bright
Gregory S. Malins
- The Magna Doodle shows a drawing of an astronaut standing on the moon with a spaceship and a view of Earth in the background.
- In the uncut version of this episode, one extra scene is at the end of the episode where Janine comes to Monica and Chandler's place and Monica introduces her to her mom and dad.
- It is already shown in The One With The Jam that Joey likes jam.
- Elliot Gould said on Friends of Friends that this was his favourite episode to film.
- During Rachel's explanation of her trifle, Ross asks what the layer before the bananas was, upon hearing about the layer of beef, peas and onions. She answers 'beef' but in her previous line she mentioned "a little more custard" in between the beef and banana layers. Of course, given the tone in which Ross asks the question, it's possible that she knew what he meant to ask, given that she was unsure about adding beef herself.
- If Rachel had spent so much time making the trifle how come she didn't have a piece for herself?
| Preceded by|
"The One With Ross' Teeth"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Routine"