|"The One With All The Resolutions"|
Ross in a desperate attempt to pull his leather pants back up.
|Written by|| Brian Boyle|
|Directed by||Joe Regalbuto|
|Guest stars|| Sarah Peterson as Elizabeth Hornswoggle |
Charles Thomas Allen as Ben Geller
John Christopher Allen as Ben Geller
James Michael Tyler as Gunther
|Original airdate||January 7, 1999|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With All The Resolutions" is the eleventh episode of the fifth season of Friends, which aired on January 7, 1999. As the new year approaches, everyone makes resolutions, some more realistic than others. Ross's resolution causes him to wear hot leather pants on a date... perhaps too hot.
It's New Year's Eve and the friends discuss their resolutions. Ross' resolution is to be happy in 1999 and to do something he hasn't done before every single day. Joey wants to learn how to play guitar to actually have one special skill he lists on his resume be true and Phoebe offers to teach him. Rachel's resolution is to stop gossiping. Chandler won't make fun of his friends for a whole week and Ross will give him fifty dollars. Monica wants to take more pictures of the group.
Phoebe's method to teach how to play the guitar is un-orthodox as she won't even allow Joey to hold a guitar, so Joey finds a qualified teacher without Phoebe knowing. Phoebe finds out and the two fight, but she apologizes and lets him hold it, resulting in him dropping it on the floor.
Ross buys a pair of leather pants which Chandler finds ridiculous but he cannot tease him. When Ross has a date, he finds the pants highly uncomfortable, retreating to the bathroom to cool them off. However, he cannot pull them back up and with some of Joey's unhelpful suggestions over a cellphone he turns into a mess with cosmetic products all over his legs. The date ends.
Rachel finds out that Monica is secretly seeing Chandler from a phone message which is a sexual conversation between the two. Joey and Rachel learn they both know about Monica and Chandler, much to Joey's relief.
Cast and CrewEdit
- One of Ross' resolutions is to just have the one divorce in '99 but, in the next season, at the end of 1999 he divorces Rachel after they marry in Vegas, making that two divorces in '99.
- In this episode, Phoebe says she doesn't know the actual names of the chords. However, in The One With The Baby On The Bus, she asks Stephanie if she knows some chords, mentioning their names. So, she knows at least some of them.
- When Rachel and Joey are discussing if "they know," there is a silence and Joey's hands are by his sides. When the shot changes, his right arm is over the back of his chair.
- When Ross first enters Elizabeth's bathroom, the lotion is first in line on the top shelf, then something else, and then the powder. Later, the powder is first in line on the top shelf.
- When Joey and Rachel are talking about Monica and Chandler, Joey is in front of the door, then you can see someone's leg.
- Also in this scene, when Joey and Monica are sitting, you can see a camera moving through the window.
- Seeing as Chandler's resolution was not to make fun of his friends, technically, he could make fun of Elizabeth's last name.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Inappropiate Sister"
|"The One With All The Resolutions"|| Followed by |
"The One With Chandler's Work Laugh"