|The One With All The Resolutions|
|Season 5, episode 11|
|108th overall episode of Friends|
|Ross arrives...without leather pants.|
January 7, 1999
"The One With All The Resolutions" is the eleventh episode of the fifth season of Friends, which aired on January 7, 1999. As the new year approaches, everyone makes resolutions, some more realistic than others. Ross's resolution causes him to wear hot leather pants on a date... perhaps too hot.
It's New Year's Eve and the friends discuss their resolutions. Ross' resolution is to be happy in 1999 and to do something he hasn't done before every single day. Joey wants to learn how to play guitar to actually have one special skill he lists on his resume be true and Phoebe offers to teach him. Rachel's resolution is to stop gossiping. Chandler won't make fun of his friends for a whole week and Ross will give him fifty dollars. And, Monica wants to take more pictures of the group.
Phoebe's method to teach how to play the guitar is un-orthodox as she won't even allow Joey to hold a guitar, so Joey finds a qualified teacher without Phoebe knowing. Phoebe finds out and the two fight, but she apologizes and lets him hold it, resulting in him dropping it on the floor.
Ross buys a pair of leather pants which Chandler finds ridiculous but he cannot tease him. When Ross has a date, he finds the pants highly uncomfortable, retreating to the bathroom to cool them off. However, he cannot pull them back up and with some of Joey's unhelpful suggestions over a cellphone he turns into a mess with cosmetic products all over his legs. The date ends.
Rachel finds out that Monica is secretly seeing Chandler from a phone message which is a sexual conversation between the two, leaving her frustrated as she can't gossip about it because of her resolution. She eventually learns that Joey knows, and both are relieved that they have someone they can talk to about it.
Cast and Crew
- The song "Bad Leroy Brown" was previously referenced in "The One With The Chicken Pox" (S2E23).
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, when the gang are making their resolutions, Monica says that she wants to obsess less about things being neat and clean. Rachel then throws some food from the party on the floor, and Monica screams in protest.
- This was the first episode to air in 1999.
- This is the second and final New Years Eve party the gang host; the first was shown in "The One With The Monkey" (S1E10).
- Rachel finds out about Monica and Chandler. As of this episode, only she and Joey know until everyone finds out in The One Where Everybody Finds Out.
- Ross says since his divorce with Emily isn't final yet, therefore their divorce is the only one he'll have in 1999. He then, drunkenly, ends up marrying Rachel and divorcing her later that same year.
- When Phoebe finally allows Joey to touch her guitar in Central Perk, she holds a magazine in her hands and then places it in her lap. It suddenly disappears and ends up on the table, with her hands crossed a split second later.
- In this episode, Phoebe says she doesn't know the actual names of the chords. However, in "The One With The Baby On The Bus" (S2E6), she asks Stephanie if she knows some chords, mentioning their names. Although she may know that the chords are actual letters, but does not know which letter goes to which chord.
- When Rachel finds out about Chandler and Monica, she screams. However, she screams before she hangs up the phone. Either Monica or Chandler should have her heard her.
- When Rachel and Joey are discussing if "they know", there is a silence and Joey's hands are set by his sides. When the shot changes, his right arm is over the back of his chair.
- When Ross first enters Elizabeth's bathroom, the lotion is first in line on the top shelf, then something else, and then the powder. Later, the powder is first in line on the top shelf.
- Ross walks back to Monica and Rachel's apartment holding his pants, since he couldn't put them back on. This implies he was walking in public without wearing any pants, which is against the law.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Inappropiate Sister"
|"The One With All The Resolutions"|| Followed by |
"The One With Chandler's Work Laugh"
|<< Season 4||Season 5||Season 6 >>|
|#01||"The One After Ross Says Rachel"||#09||"The One With Ross' Sandwich"||#17||"The One With Rachel's Inadvertent Kiss"|
|#02||"The One With All The Kissing"||#10||"The One With The Inappropriate Sister"||#18||"The One Where Rachel Smokes"|
|#03||"The One Hundredth"||#11||"The One With All The Resolutions"||#19||"The One Where Ross Can't Flirt"|
|#04||"The One Where Phoebe Hates PBS"||#12||"The One With Chandler's Work Laugh||#20||"The One With The Ride-Along"|
|#05||"The One With The Kips"||#13||"The One With Joey's Bag"||#21||"The One With The Ball"|
|#06||"The One With The Yeti"||#14||"The One Where Everybody Finds Out"||#22||"The One With Joey's Big Break"|
|#07||"The One Where Ross Moves In"||#15||"The One With The Girl Who Hits Joey"||#23||"The One In Vegas, Part 1"|
|#08||"The One With All The Thanksgivings"||#16||"The One With The Cop"||#24||"The One In Vegas, Part 2"|