|The One With Barry And Mindy's Wedding|
|Season 2, episode 24|
|48th overall episode of Friends|
|Rachel about to do her speech.|
May 16, 1996
"The One With Barry and Mindy's Wedding" is the second season finale of Friends, which aired on NBC on May 16, 1996. In this episode, Rachel is a bridesmaid at her ex-fiance's wedding. Monica and Richard's relationship is jeopardized when the subject of children arises.
Rachel reluctantly agrees to be maid of honor at her ex-fiancé Barry's wedding, but steals the couple's thunder when she walks up the aisle with her butt showing. She is even angrier to find out that when she dumped Barry at the altar, his parents told everyone that she ran away because she was insane because she had syphilis. Ross tries fixing this at the reception but fails. Rachel is about to leave, but doesn't when she learns that Barry was betting on her to leave before 9:45. She tells Barry that she promised herself she'd make it through at least one of his weddings.
Joey auditions for Warren Beatty's new movie, and is told that he's a good actor but is bad at kissing. As Joey's role involved kissing another guy, he seeks help from Chandler and Ross, who refuse to help. Eventually, Ross, out of guilt, sucks it up and kisses Joey, who reveals that the audition is over and he didn't get the part.
Chandler is excited about a mystery girl he has been chatting with on the Internet until he learns that she's married. Phoebe convinces him to go meet her in spite of this, so he asks the girl to meet him at the coffeehouse. Everyone, including himself, is shocked that the mystery girl is Janice. She and Chandler kiss.
Monica asks Richard about their future plans. Richard sees them in France, a happy couple without kids. Monica, however, is keen on having children of her own, but doesn't pursue the subject as she fears it would become uncomfortable. At Barry and Mindy's wedding, she and Richard tackle the subject again; however, neither of them has shifted position from before. While dancing, Richard offers to have kids with Monica if he has to. This, unfortunately, is not good enough for Monica, as she wants to have a baby with someone who genuinely wants to have children. The two break up.
Cast and Crew
Jackie Bright - Mr. Weinberg
Fritzi Burr - Mrs. Weinberg
Jana Marie Hupp - Mindy
Tom Selleck - Dr. Richard Burke
Peter Spears - Joel
Mindy Sterling - Wedding Planner
Maggie Wheeler - Janice Litman
Mitchell Whitfield - Barry Farber
- Phoebe: You don't get chances like this all the time! If you don't meet her you'll be kicking yourself when you're 80 which is hard to do and that's how you break a hip.
- Rachel: Tonight, all I wanted was to make it through this evening with a little bit of grace and dignity. I guess we can all agree that's not gonna happen.
- Chandler (seeing Rachel in in her pink bridesmaid dress with a hat on): I’m sorry, we don’t have your sheep.
- TheTVCritic.org ranked this as the best episode that "Friends" ever produced 
- The sub-plot where Joey has to kiss a man was originally intended to be a story about Joey auditioning for the role of an uncircumcised man. The rest of the group would then come up with various ways of making him look the part. Network censors felt that this sub-plot would have been tasteless, and recommended changing it.
- Mindy is played by a different actress, Jane Marie Hupp, than in The One With The Evil Orthodontist, where she's played by Jennifer Grey. This also happened with the character of Carol, where Jane Sibbett replaced Anita Barone (seen only in The One With The Sonogram At The End) in The One Where Underdog Gets Away.
- The lead singer and the band in Barry and Mindy's wedding is the same which performs in Chandler and Monica's wedding.
- This is the final episode with The Rachel hair.
- There is no good reason why Monica and Richard would go to Barry and Mindy's wedding because Monica and Barry never met each other when Rachel was with him. It is possible that their families know each other though. (By this logic Monica should have been invited to Rachel and Barry's wedding however it is made clear in the pilot that she wasn't).
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Chicken Pox"
|"The One With Barry And Mindy's Wedding"|| Followed by |
"The One With The Princess Leia Fantasy"
|<< Season 1||Season 2||Season 3 >>|
|#01||"The One With Ross' New Girlfriend"||#09||"The One With Phoebe's Dad"||#17||"The One Where Eddie Moves In"|
|#02||"The One With The Breast Milk"||#10||"The One With Russ"||#18||"The One Where Dr. Ramoray Dies"|
|#03||"The One Where Heckles Dies"||#11||"The One With The Lesbian Wedding"||#19||"The One Where Eddie Won't Go"|
|#04||"The One With Phoebe's Husband"||#12||"The One After The Superbowl, Part 1||#20||"The One Where Old Yeller Dies"|
|#05||"The One With Five Steaks And An Eggplant"||#13||"The One After The Superbowl, Part 2"||#21||"The One With The Bullies"|
|#06||"The One With The Baby On The Bus"||#14||"The One With The Prom Video"||#22||"The One With The Two Parties"|
|#07||"The One Where Ross Finds Out"||#15||"The One Where Ross And Rachel... You Know"||#23||"The One With The Chicken Pox"|
|#08||"The One With The List"||#16||"The One Where Joey Moves Out"||#24||"The One With Barry And Mindy's Wedding"|