|The One With Barry and Mindy's Wedding|
Rachel in her dress
|Written by|| Ira Underleider|
|Directed by||Michael Lembeck|
|Guest stars|| Jackie Bright - Mr. Weinberg|
Fritzi Burr - Mrs. Weinberg
|Original airdate||May 16, 1996|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
Rachel reluctantly agrees to be maid of honor at her ex-fiancé Barry's wedding, but steals the couple's thunder when she walks up the aisle with her butt showing. She is even angrier to find out that when she dumped Barry at the altar, he told everyone that she ran away because she was insane. Ross tries fixing this at the reception but fails miserably. Rachel is about to leave, but doesn't when she learns that Barry was betting on her to leave before 9:45. She makes it though this wedding.
Joey auditions for Warren Beatty's new movie, and is told that he's a good actor but is bad at kissing. As Joey's role involved kissing another guy, he seeks help from Chandler and Ross, who are only too happy to refuse helping him. He then turns to his ex-girlfriends, particularly those who are seeing someone, but ends up rehearsing with a statue of an Indian chief. Eventually, Ross, out of guilt, sucks it up and kisses Joey, who reveals that the audition is over and he didn't get the part.
Chandler meets a mystery girl over the Internet as is crazy as hell about her, until he learns that she's married. Phoebe convinces him to go for her in spite of this, and he takes her advice and asks the girl to meet him at the coffeehouse. Everyone, including himself, is shocked that the mystery girl is Janice. She and Chandler kiss.
Monica asks Richard about their future plans. Richard sees themselves in Paris, a happy couple without kids. Monica, however, is keen on having children of her own, but doesn't pursue the subject as she fears it would become uncomfortable. At Barry and Mindy's wedding, she and Richard tackle the subject again; however, neither of them has shifted position from before. While dancing, Richard offers to have kids with Monica if he has to. This, unfortunately, is not good enough for Monica, as she wants to have a baby with someone who wants to, and not just has to, have children. The two break up.
Cast and CrewEdit
Jackie Bright - Mr. Weinberg
Fritzi Burr - Mrs. Weinberg
Jana Marie Hupp - Mindy
Tom Selleck - Dr. Richard Burke
Peter Spears - Joel
Mindy Sterling - Wedding Planner
Maggie Wheeler - Janice Litman
Mitchell Whitfield - Barry Farber
- TheTVCritic.org ranked this as the best episode that "Friends" ever produced 
- The sub-plot where Joey has to kiss a man was originally intended to be a story about Joey auditioning for the role of an uncircumcised man. The rest of the group would then come up with various ways of making him look the part. Network censors felt that this sub-plot would have been tasteless, and recommended changing it.
- Following the advice the mystery girl gives him, Chandler tries not to be funny and make jokes, but he fails to this the whole episode. Ross does this again to him as a bet in The One With All The Resolutions, which Chandler loses when he can't keep his serious mood for a week.
- Mindy is played by a different actress, Jane Marie Hupp, than in The One With The Evil Orthodontist, where she's played by Jennifer Grey. This also happened with the character of Carol, where Jane Sibbett replaced Anita Barone (seen only in The One With The Sonogram At The End) in The One Where Underdog Gets Away.
- This is the first wedding that the couple got together at someone else's wedding. The second is Monica and Chandlers.
- Chandler is appalled to learn that his cyber-girl is married and doesn't want to go out with her. However, in The One With The Butt, he has no problem going out with Aurora, who happened to be married. But it's also true that he broke up with her because of this (and the fact that she had a total of about four boyfriends). He also didn't have extreme feelings for Aurora, just sexual ones. Whereas his feelings for the cyber-girl are much stronger.
- There is no good reason why Monica and Richard would go to Barry and Mindy's wedding. Because Monica and Barry never meet each other when Rachel was together with him. [Barry]. It is possible that their families know each other though.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Chicken Pox"
|"The One With Barry And Mindy's Wedding"|| Followed by |
"The One With The Princess Leia Fantasy"