|The One With Joey's Fridge|
|Season 6, episode 19|
|140th overall episode of Friends|
|Joey suspects Ross broke his fridge.|
March 23, 2000
"The One With Joey's Fridge" is the nineteenth episode of the sixth season of Friends, which aired on March 23, 2000.
Joey's fridge is broken and he tries to get everyone to pay for his fridge, due to his financial struggles. He decides to eat all the food in it and to get others to pay for it. First he asks Rachel, who refuses because she's only just moved in and them asks Chandler, who refuses because he lives with Monica now. Getting desperate, Joey even goes as far as shoving Ross into the fridge and accusing him of breaking it.
Rachel is looking for a date for a charity ball and asks for them to find a guy. Phoebe, Chandler and Monica look for one. Phoebe finds a guy and Chandler and Monica find one so they have a big competition to get Rachel pick their guy; Monica and Chandler say theirs is funny, smart and has great hair, but that Phoebe's does volunteer work and is good-looking.
Ross mistakenly believes that Elizabeth wants to go to Spring Vacation with him. When Chandler tells him the difference between Spring Vacation and Spring Break, Ross panics and thinks that maybe Elizabeth will get carried away with guys; he discovers a very revealing bathing suit, too. However, Elizabeth assures him that, much to his relief, she's just going on vacation with her friends.
Rachel introduces a guy she decides to take to the ball to Monica, Chandler and Phoebe. However, the three of them drive him away by comparing him to the guys they've chosen, and Rachel gets upset. Another day, when Rachel is at Central Perk, they arrive with their two guys and urge Rachel to take one, arguing at the same time. Rachel gets angry and tells them that she'd rather go alone than have them be like this.
At the end of the episode, it is shown that Elizabeth's friends consist of frat boys, so Ross decides to go too to prevent her from seeing other guys.
Cast and Crew
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode when the gang are talking about spring break in Central Perk, Joey blames Elizabeth for his broken fridge.
- When you rent an apartment in NYC the landlord provides the appliances. So if Joey's fridge broke, he would not pay to replace it, the landlord would be obligated to replace it.
- When Joey is breaking the fridge in the beginning of the episode, the Magna-Doodle has two guys surfing drawn on it.
- Ross is not pleased with the tiny red swimsuit Elizabeth packs for spring break. However, when we see Elizabeth dancing on MTV, she is wearing a less revealing, pink swimsuit, not the one she packed. (However its likely she had more than one bathing suit and so probably not a goof)
- When the gang is watching Ross on MTV, the top of the backdrop of the blue sky can been seen.
- When Rachel is storming out of Central Perk after meeting the two guys, Monica, Chandler, and Phoebe are standing behind the couch. After Rachel asks Eldad about his hair and the camera angle changes, Phoebe appears to vanish in the broadcast and DVD versions, but if you look closely in the high definition version, you can see that she simply went to the left of the set behind the couch.
- When Joey pushes Ross into his fridge, a red box falls from the top of the fridge onto the shelf beside it. A few moments later when Joey turns his body toward Chandler, the red box is back on top of the fridge.
- In the scene when Sebastian leaves the Central Perk and Rachel says the line, "I cannot believe you guys", the boom mic can be seen at the top of the screen.
| Preceded by|
"The One Where Ross Dates A Student"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Mac And C.H.E.E.S.E."