|The One With Phoebe's Cookies|
|Season 7, episode 3|
|149th overall episode of Friends|
|Chandler accompanies Jack Geller to the sauna.|
October 19, 2000
"The One With Phoebe's Cookies" is the third episode of the seventh season of Friends, which aired on October 19, 2000.
The gang discuss what to get Monica and Chandler as engagement presents. Monica really wants Phoebe's grandma's chocolate chip cookie recipe but Phoebe's grandma made her swear never to let the recipe out of the family. She finally agrees to give it to Monica. Unfortunately, the fire in Phoebe's apartment destroyed the recipe so she gives Monica and Chandler the only cookie left as a present. Monica tries to figure out the recipe from the cookie and makes heaps of different ones.
Cast and Crew
- This is the first time Chandler wears glasses, outside of the alternate reality in The One That Could Have Been, Parts 1 and 2. Unlike in those episodes, where they used prop glasses, these are real; Matthew Perry needed glasses, so they were written into Chandler's part.
- When Rachel and Joey are sailing on the boat, the background changes between shots. In the bloopers as the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center appear and disappear between shots, it is shown that this scene is done using a green screen, which explains the changing background, as it has been assembled later.
- Rachel tightens the windward sheet of the jib. In other words, she tightens the right side rope on the front sail, while the sail is on the left side of the boat.
- When Ross invites Chandler to the health club, he says that Mr. Geller requested "Chauncy." Yet in the previous episode, the Gellers clearly knew Chandler's name when they were out to dinner, not to mention that they've known him since he was Ross's college roommate, and he has visited the family several times. It could've been a slip of the tongue or Ross lied about it.
- Jack tells Chandler that Judy's parents think he is a lawyer that that if he ever sees him giving them legal advice to just "nod along". However, as of "The One Where Nana Dies Twice", both of Judy's parents are dead (her mother dies in that episode, and it is mentioned that Nana is "with Pop-Pop and Aunt Phyllis now).
- In this episode Rachel teaches Joey how to sail, saying she owned a boat when she was younger and has been sailing her whole life. But in "The One Where Ross Moves In" Rachel says she doesn't sail.
- The introduction of this episode is mixed with Season 5's first intro as it showed scenes from The One With The Embryos, The One With Rachel's New Dress and The One With Ross' Wedding among others.
- In The One With Joey's Bag, Phoebe's Grandmother died in a shop, although in this episode Phoebe says that her Grandmother spoke to her on her deathbed.
- While trying out different recipes, at one point Monica's holding a cookie in her hand. It's a whole cookie, but when the angle changes, suddenly a chunk is missing.
- When going to the hot tub with Jack, Chandler fails to wear swim trunks so he turns to put a robe on and grabs Jack's robe instead of his own.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Rachel's Book"
|Series Seven Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Rachel's Assistant"