|"The One With Princess Consuela"|
|Written by|| Robert Carlock|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| Alex Ball as Ralph Lauren Employee|
Steven Eckholdt as Mark Robinson
Helen Eigenberg as Real Estate Agent
Dakota Fanning as Mackenzie
Steve Ireland as Mr. Zelner
Mary Margaret Lewisas Rita - Massage Client
Craig Robinson as Clerk
Paul Rudd as Mike Hannigan
Brent Spiner as Campbell
James Michael Tyler as Gunther
|Original airdate||February 26, 2004|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With Princess Consuela" is the fourteenth episode of the tenth season of Friends, which aired on February 26, 2004.
Phoebe goes to get her name changed. At the department, she learns that she can change it to anything she likes. Her new name becomes Princess Consuela Banana-Hammock. Mike is not too happy about this, and decides to retaliate to this by changing his name to Crap Bag. Finally Phoebe becomes aware of the mistake she made and decides to rectify it, changing her name back to Phoebe Buffay-Hannigan.
Monica and Chandler show Joey their prospective new house. Being still disappointed that his friends are moving, he tries to find flaws in the place in order for them not to buy it, even making friends with Mackenzie, the 8-year-old girl who used to live there. Eventually he makes his peace with himself.
Meanwhile, Rachel gets a job interview for Gucci, but at the restaurant for her interview appointment she happens to see Mr. Zelner too, her current boss. She is so nervous about this that she forgets all about her prestigious interview, resulting in her interviewer's rejection. Moreover, Mr. Zelner finds out about her and fires her from Ralph Lauren. She bumps into Mark while taking her stuff out of the office. Ross becomes jealous again after they see him and he doesn't want Rachel going with him, until he learns that Mark is married with twins. He offers her a wonderful job with Louis Vuitton. The job is incredible, and it pays very well, but is has a flaw - it's in Paris.
Cast and CrewEdit
Jennifer Aniston - Rachel Green
Courtney Cox - Monica Geller
Lisa Kudrow - Phoebe Buffay/Princess Consuela Banana Hammock
Matt LeBlanc - Joey Tribbiani
Matthew Perry - Chandler Bing
David Schwimmer - Ross Geller
Alex Ball - Ralph Lauren Employee
Steven Eckholdt - Mark Robinson
Helen Eigenberg - Real Estate Agent
Dakota Fanning - Mackenzie
Steve Ireland - Mr. Zelner
Mary Margaret Lewis - Rita - Massage Client
Craig Robinson - Clerk
Paul Rudd - Mike Hannigan
Brent Spiner - Campbell
James Michael Tyler - Gunther
- Mark doesn't reappear for a span of 165 episodes, since The One With The Tiny T-Shirt.
- Technically, this is the last episode with Phoebe's name in the title, since Princess Consuela is actually her name, albeit for a briefer period.
- It is revealed in this episode that Monica never legally changed her last name from Geller to Geller-Bing
- Actor Alex Ball, seen in the background throughout the 10 seasons of Friends, finally gets one line, as he says goodbye to co-worker, Rachel, who doesn't even know his name.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Steven Eckholdt as Mark Robinson. Mark was in 6 episodes of Friends.
- Craig Robinson plays the office clerk that Phoebe talks to about changing her name. He and Paul Rudd, who plays Mike Hannigan, have co-starred together in various films such as Knocked Up, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and The 40 Year Old Virgin.
- Both Courteney Cox Arquette and Matt LeBlanc had worked with Brent Spiner. Courtney worked with him on a pilot called Sylvan In Paradise in 1986, while Matt with him in an episode of Joey.
- The French title of this episode is Celui qui n'aimait pas la maison (The One Who Didn't Like The House)
- Mike wanting to change his name to "crap bag" could be a reference to popular drama The Sopranos, where they had a character named Mikey "Grab Bag" Palmice. This is however probably just a coincidence.
- At the very beginning of the episode when the friends are at the table a microphone dips into the shot above the table.
- At the very start when Monica mentions swinging, all the stage lights are visible in her glass of red wine.
- When Phoebe sits down in the coffee house and tells Chandler and Monica her new name, she takes her jacket off twice.
- When Ross enters Central Perk with champagne, straight away when he walks over to the sofa, look above the door. In the reflection of the top window, you can see several stage lights.
- When Rachel starts to cry, after Ross brings the champagne, Ross hugs her and holds the glass in his left hand, but when it cuts to the wideshot, the glass is instantly on the table in front of him.
- When Phoebe and Mike are at Central Perk discussing their name changes, his scarf goes from being hung loose around his neck to tied around his neck from shot to shot.
- When Ross is trying to get Rachel's chair through the revolving doors, he has his right leg on the chair but it suddenly switches to him having his left leg on the chair.
- Phoebe expresses shock when she discovers that anyone can legally change their name to anything, for any reason. This contradicts Season 4, Episode 18: "The One with Rachel's New Dress", where Chandler tricks Phoebe into naming one of her babies after him by threatening to "go to the courthouse" to change his name.
- After Rachel tells Ross she was fired, Ross hugs her and puts his face against hers twice.
- After the scene Mike and Phoebe are arguing about changing their names in Central Perk, just before Phoebe meets one of her clients, a purple cup disappears off their table
- When Rachel announces a job in Paris, a stage light is reflected in the pot behind her.
| Preceded by|
"The One Where Joey Speaks French"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One Where Estelle Dies"