|The One With Rachel's Dream|
|Season 9, episode 19|
|213th overall episode of Friends|
|Phoebe wants to play at Javu.|
April 17, 2003
"The One With Rachel's Dream" is the nineteenth episode of season nine of Friends. It aired on April 17, 2003.
Joey is insecure now his Days of Our Lives character Dr. Drake Ramoray is getting a love story, so he asks Rachel for help because he's afraid he won't be convincing enough. After seeing him reciting romantic lines to his love interest on the show, Rachel has a dream that while helping Joey with his lines, they end up kissing and that makes her a little puzzled. Asking help from Monica made her finally think that she may have a crush on Drake, and thus not on Joey. When she talks to Joey of how he could (in a Method actor's way) think of how he felt in love in real life to feel more convinced in his part, she learns how much Joey loved her when she was pregnant (back in Season 8), him even saying it was the only time he was ever in love. This makes her feel even more confused.
Meanwhile, Monica is so excited about her job at Javu, that she declines joining Chandler on a surprise trip he booked to Vermont. When Phoebe comes to sing her songs outside Javu to cheer up the people who have to wait in line to have a table, Monica tries to tell her nicely it's inappropriate, lacking style, but Phoebe just gets fancier dress. Meanwhile, when the hotel told Chandler couldn't get a refund, he takes Ross along, who gets high on maple candy and shows Chandler how to take revenge when they are told no reservation was booked and must take a $600 suite, technically without stealing, by stocking up an absurdly greedy quantity of everything hotels supply guests, like lamp bulbs, batteries from the remote or bottles of shampoo. But in the end, they are finally caught because their suitcases is so stuffed with the amenities that it breaks in the hotel lobby, leaving all that they had taken on the floor.
Cast and Crew
- It is revealed that Monica attended a psychology class at college.
- This is the only appearance of Javu, where Monica works.
- Rachel starts liking Joey back (his feelings were revealed in season 8). Its then revealed in the season finale, The One In Barbados, Part 2, that it has been a month since this episode, when the two start briefly dating.
- In the uncut DVD version, Phoebe says, "You can put your hand down now, sir. You made your point earlier when you spat in my guitar case" to a customer in Monica's restaurant.
- When Phoebe sits down at Central Perk her purse falls off her chair but in the next shot it's next to Phoebe on the chair again.
- When Ross and Chandler are checking into the hotel, Ross is holding a box of maple candies. In the first couple of shots, the front side of the box is visible to the audience. In the next shots, it has been flipped.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Lottery"
|Series Nine Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Soap Opera Party"