|The One With Rachel's Sister|
Rachel and Jill talk
|Written by|| Seth Kurland|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| Reese Witherspoon - Jill Green|
|Original airdate||February 3, 2000|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With Rachel's Sister" is the 13th episode of the sixth season of Friends which aired on February 3, 2000.
Joey gives all the pretty female customers free stuff at the coffee house, but is told by Gunther that he will be fired unless he starts charging people. Joey attempts to get around this by handing all the attractive female customers 'birthday muffins' which are free. However after handing out 20 birthday muffins in one day, Gunther tells Joey to put an end to it and bans him from handing out birthday muffins. Monica is sick and won't admit it, saying illness is a sign of weakness. After being sent home from work, she tries to entice Chandler into bed with her to prove she's not ill. Chandler realizes the ploy and tells Monica that he finds lots of layers and a hot water bottle sexy. Eventually, Monica asks Chandler to help her rub vapor rub into her chest, which Chandler refuses thinking she is trying to turn him on. She does it herself, and Chandler finally succumbs, and the pair have sex. Before entering the bedroom, Monica holds up the bottle of vapor rub and quips "Worked like a charm." Rachel's sister, Jill, shows up because she's been financially cut off and has to try to make it on her own. However, it soon becomes clear Jill is spoiled and after buying bagfuls of clothes with her father's credit card number, Rachel confiscates all the clothing, (which is ironic given the fact that on her first day looking for work, Rachel did exactly the same thing) even after Ross and Phoebe pretend that they had bought it all. Jill teases Ross after making a fool of himself and Rachel accidentally convinces Jill to ask him out. Ross assumes she did it on purpose and thanks Rachel, who returns to Monica's apartment. Chandler's slip of the tongue ("Ooh, he's getting some!") makes Rachel suspicious after she sees Ross and Jill return to Ross's apartment and Ross closes the drapes.
Cast and CrewEdit
- Monica explains that she hasn't been ill in 'three and a half years', yet on-screen Monica was last ill in the season 4 episode The One With Joey's New Girlfriend which broadcast in October 1997.
- When Jill enters the coffeehouse and shows Ross and Phoebe her new clothes, it is very reminiscent to scene in The Pilot where Rachel enters the same place and does almost the exact same thing.
- In The One Where Old Yeller Dies in Season 2, Phoebe says that she was never allowed to watch the endings to sad movies. However, in this episode, she mentions that she cried for three days after seeing Bambi, but on the third day her mother killed herself.
- After Jill comes to Monica's apartment, they are all around the table in the living room. As the camera is moving from Jill, to Monica and Chandler, who are sitting on the couch, a camera-man is visible in the kitchen behind them.
- When Phoebe says "I would love that job!" the position of her hands changes in the next shot (when Rachel enters in the coffee house).
- When Jill says "Let's just say he's not my type." she is leaned on the couch, but in the next shot, she is going to lean.
- When Jill says "I should just try dating a geek too." she crosses her arms. In the next shot, her arms are not crossed anymore.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Joke"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One Where Chandler Can't Cry"