|"The One With The Baby Shower"|
The baby shower
|Written by|| Sherry Bilsing-Grahem|
|Directed by||Kevin S. Bright|
|Guest stars|| Marlo Thomas - Sandra Green |
Jonathan Nichols - Ray
Adria Tennor - Katherine
Lisa Calderon - Erin
|Original airdate||April 25, 2002|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With The Baby Shower" is the twentieth episode of the eighth season of Friends, which aired on April 25, 2002.
Phoebe and Monica prepare for Rachel's baby shower and forget to invite Rachel's mother. Sandra is then rude to Monica through the entire party, trying to make her feel guilty. Monica tries everything she can to get Sandra to forgive her, but Phoebe eventually convinces her to tell Sandra off for being so rude. At the baby shower, Rachel freaks out when she realizes that she knows virtually nothing about how to care for a baby, and her mom says that she will move in and help take care of the baby. Ross convinces Rachel she will be a good mother and convinces Rachel's mom that she doesn't need to move in.
Joey auditions for a job as a game show host called Bamboozled and Chandler and Ross help him practice by pretending to be the contestants. The game turns out to be ridiculous and impossible to follow, but Joey and Ross become hooked on it. Ross then later uses Bamboozled as a trivia game to quiz Rachel about baby care. When Rachel gets an question wrong, Ross claims she is going to be an bad mother, which results in Ross saying he lost sight in why he was playing the game.
Cast and CrewEdit
Kevin S. Bright
- Joey asks Chandler what film would you hear the line "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" with Chandler "correctly" answering The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. However, this line is actually from the film Blazing Saddles, the line from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!". This is a popular misquote.
- This is the last appearance of Sandra Green in the series. This is her first appearance since "The One With Two Parties" (S2E22), which was 144 episodes ago.
- The song that Joey starts humming at some point in this episode (the "I Dream of Jeannie" theme song) was the same song that Ross hummed in the cold opening of "The One With The Dozen Lasagnas" (S1E12).
- At the end of the episode when Monica is chasing Sandra you can clearly see the green mattress at the edge of the stairs where she falls on.
- When Ross covinces Rachels mother not to stay with them he hugs her. Rachel screams "Hello?" and raises her hands over her head. In the next angle her hands are raised on the height of her neck and then again over her head.
- When Joey says "I said 'a little bit, Ross.'" in this shot, his left arm is on his waist. In the previous shot, he was holding the script with his both hands.
- When Sandra says "I'd say you're a cheerleader in trouble." Rachel's right hand is on Sandra's shoulder. In the next shot, her hand is on Sandra's wrist.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Joey's Interview"
|Season Eight Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Cooking Class"