|"The One With The Bullies"|
Ross talking to the bullies
|Written by|| Sebastian Jones|
|Directed by||Michael Lembeck|
|Guest stars|| Peter DeLuise as Carl |
Nicky Katt as Arthur
Laraine Newman as Mrs. Buffay
Giovanni Ribisi as Frank Buffay Jr.
James Michael Tyler as Gunther
|Original airdate||April 25, 1996|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With The Bullies" is the twenty-first episode of the second season of Friends, which aired on April 25, 1996.
Revealing themselves to be nasty, unpleasant and potentially violent individuals they start bullying and intimidating Ross and Chandler whenever they see them. The bullies tell Ross and Chandler they are never to return to the coffee house unless they want to get beat up. Chandler and Ross eventually decide to face their fear and go anyway.
The now more casually dressed bullies suggest they "take this outside", and while discussing the "rules" for the fight, they notice that other guys are stealing the valuables they had set aside for the fight. All four guys chase them down and the problem is resolved.
Monica is down to the last of her savings and decides to invest in the stock market even though she knows nothing about it. She picks the stocks to invest in based on the letter combinations that stand for the companies. She eventually loses all her money and has to take an awful diner job where she has to dress up like characters from the fifties and dance on the counter.
Phoebe decides to visit her biological father. When she gets there, a little Jack Russel terrier, tries to attack her. She, Rachel and Joey are stuck in the car until it is night. She decides to come back later but as she pulls out she runs over the dog. She takes it to the vet and later brings it back to the house, meeting the woman who lives there. When she asks if Frank Buffay lives there she finds out that her father has abandoned this family as well. However, she does meet her half-brother, Frank Jr. and bonds with him a bit.
Cast and CrewEdit
- Ross claims at one point that nobody besides Monica has ever beaten him up before. However, in The One With The Mugging, Phoebe admits to Monica that she mugged a teenage Ross. Although just because she mugged him, it does not mean she beat him up.
- When Phoebe goes to visit her father, there is a little dog outside. Phoebe gets back in the car and the dog jumps up the side of it. When he finally gets part way through the window, the top of the dog-handler's head is visible through the car window.
- When Phoebe returns the dog, a woman across the road walks to her door twice.
- YMCA was played in the '50s diner despite the fact that it was released in 1978.
- When Monica is dancing on the bar, she's between a guy, dressed as Elvis, wearing a red jumpsuit and a blonde woman in a leather jacket and white T-shirt; but on the last part of the credits she's between a redhead woman, dressed as Lucille Ball, wearing a navy dress and a guy, dressed as Buddy Holly, with a brown blazer and glasses.
| Preceded by|
"The One Where Old Yeller Dies"
|"The One With The Bullies"|| Followed by |
"The One With The Two Parties"