|"The One With The Home Study"|
|Written by||Mark Kunerth|
|Directed by||Kevin S. Bright|
|Guest stars|| Paul Rudd as Mike Hannigan |
Matt Winston as Desk Clerk
Maria Pitillo as Laura
Cali Sheldon asEmma Geller-Green
Noelle Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green
|Original airdate||November 13, 2003|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With The Home Study" is the seventh episode of the tenth season of Friends, which aired on November 13, 2003.
A social worker called Laura is visiting Chandler and Monica to determine if they are good parents and to put them on the waiting list at the adoption agency. Upon arriving, she realizes she remembers the building because she'd slept with Joey and he never called her back, to which Monica and Chandler quickly pretend to not be friends with him. Joey comes in to attempt to boost their chances (because he's a celebrity and it looks good on the small people but Chandler quickly slams the door and claims it's a crazy person roaming the halls called Bert. Joey climbs up the fire escape with a bat thinking Bert is their codeword for danger. Laura spots him and Joey turns it around on her saying she didn't call him, to which she apologizes for. She then says that Monica and Chandler will be excellent parents and puts them on the waiting list.
Phoebe and Mike are planning their wedding and decide to not have a big fancy wedding and donate their wedding funds to a children's charity. However, after Monica gives Phoebe her veil and doesn't hide her negative feelings about Phoebe getting married at the city hall, Phoebe and Mike decide they want the money back, which they get with a lot of sarcasm from the staff member serving them. Phoebe however realizes that those kids had a similar childhood to her's and decides to again donate the money but when they get there, she keeps on changing her mind. The member of staff, sick of them, rejects the money instead.
Rachel tells Ross he can't take Emma on the swings because of a traumatic incident she had as a four year old girl, getting her hair tangled in the swings and having to have a chunk cut out. Ross convinces her otherwise and Rachel changes her mind when she sees how happy Emma is, but after Ross is knocked over by a kid on a swing, Rachel goes back to banning Emma from the swings. However, they compromise and Ross holds a spider in his hand (he has a fear of spiders) and Rachel goes on the swings, but knocks Ross over again after telling him the spider was on his neck.
Cast and CrewEdit
Kevin S. Bright
- Ross and Rachel do not share any scenes with the rest of the gang in this episode.
- It was previously established in "The One With The Holiday Armadillo" (S7E10) that Rachel likes spiders.
- Chandler make up the names Bert (for Joey) and Ernie (his caretaker), two characters of Sesame Street. He also mentions how the two "have a big yellow bird", referring to Big Bird from the show. Ironically, in "The One Where Joey Moves Out" (S2E16), Joey said "we're not Bert and Ernie".
- When Phoebe and Mike first donate the money to the children, the way the man is holding the cheque changes depending on the shot.
- When Chandler kisses Monica, her hand is on his arm. In the next shot, when she says "Tongue, really?" her arm is loose.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Ross' Grant"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Late Thanksgiving"