|"The One With The Late Thanksgiving"|
Ross, Joey, Rachel, and Phoebe try to convince Monica and Chandler to let them inside after showing up late.
|Written by||Shana Goldberg-Meehan|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| Cali Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green |
Noelle Sheldon as Emma Geller-Green
|Original airdate||November 20, 2003|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With The Late Thanksgiving" is the eighth episode of tenth season of Friends, which aired on November 20, 2003. It is the last Thanksgiving episode of the series.
Monica and Chandler tell the group that they do not want to make Thanksgiving dinner this year, but when Phoebe claims that the previous year's Thanksgiving hadn't been all that good, and suggests that Monica could compete with herself to make this year's dinner even better, Monica can't resist the challenge and agrees to make Thanksgiving dinner for the group. Chandler sees Monica making the whole dinner and wants to help, but he doesn't want to make anything too high-profile, so Monica has him make the cranberry sauce. Phoebe wants to enter Emma in a Tri-State baby beauty contest; Rachel is initially against the idea, but changes her mind quickly when she hears that first prize is $1,000. Ross got three prime tickets for the New York Rangers, but Chandler told them not to go as they would be late for Monica's dinner. Ross and Joey agreed that they wouldn't go, but went to the game anyway. Phoebe, Rachel, Ross, and Joey all come back an hour late for dinner. Monica and Chandler are so mad they lock everybody out. The four peek their heads in through the chain on the door, but Joey's head gets stuck. Monica answers a phone call while Chandler pulls on the door to free Joey, who crashes into the Thanksgiving dinner, making a giant mess. Chandler expects Monica to be furious over the mess, but Monica doesn't care because the phone call she just answered was from the adoption agency and she just found out that she and Chandler are going to get a baby.
Cast and CrewEdit
- This is the last Thanksgiving episode in the series.
- This is the second Thanksgiving episode where the gang argue; the first was "The One Where Underdog Gets Away" (S1E9).
- In "The One With The Rumor" (S8E9), when Rachel is pregnant, Monica says that next year there would be one more person with them on Thanksgiving. In this episode, Chandler says the same line.
- Rachel tries to open Monica and Chandler's locked door with her old key, which she says she's had since she moved out. However, in The One On The Last Night, when Rachel is moving out, she returns her key to Monica. And, even if she hadn't, in The One Where Rachel Tells..., Joey and Phoebe have Treeger break down the door, which leads to him changing the lock, so Rachel's old key wouldn't have worked, unless Monica and Chandler somehow changed to lock back to their previous lock.
- When Rachel and Phoebe are talking in the Baby Beauty Contest and Rachel is holding Emma, Emma's head instantly changes position between shots several times, often going through 180 degrees. Clearly they couldn't get her to do the scene in one take and therefore the editing suffers.
- The food/sauce stain Joey gets on his shirt (after running into the cart) changes between shots.
- When Monica says "cranberry sauce" the position of her arms change between shots.
- When Joey sees all the food, and Chandler says "The cranberries", in the first shot, Monica's arms are loose, in the next shot, her elbows are on the table, when she says "A monkey could've made them."
- A shot of a New York street at night is shown, however in the next shot you can clearly see it's still light outside the windows.
- Monica says that she won a pie eating contesting by eating 12 pies and a part of one tin in two minutes. This would average at around 9.8 seconds per pie. Depending on the size of the pies, this seems highly unlikely.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Home Study"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Birth Mother"