Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The One With The Late Thanksgiving|
|Season 10, episode 8|
|226th overall episode of Friends|
|Ross, Joey, Rachel and Phoebe try to convince Monica and Chandler to let them in for dinner.|
November 20, 2003
"The One With The Late Thanksgiving" is the eighth episode of tenth season of Friends, which aired on November 20, 2003. It is the last Thanksgiving episode of the series.
Monica and Chandler tell the group that they do not want to make Thanksgiving dinner this year, but when Phoebe claims that the previous year's Thanksgiving hadn't been all that good, and suggests that Monica could compete with herself to make this year's dinner even better, Monica can't resist the challenge and agrees to make Thanksgiving dinner for the group. Chandler sees Monica making the whole dinner and wants to help, but he doesn't want to make anything too high-profile, so Monica has him make the cranberry sauce. Phoebe wants to enter Emma in a Tri-State baby beauty contest; Rachel is initially against the idea, but changes her mind quickly when she hears that first prize is $1,000. Ross got three prime tickets for the New York Rangers, but Chandler told them not to go as they would be late for Monica's dinner. Ross and Joey agreed that they wouldn't go, but went to the game anyway. Phoebe, Rachel, Ross, and Joey all come back an hour late for dinner. Monica and Chandler are so mad they lock everybody out. The four peek their heads in through the chain on the door, but Joey's head gets stuck. Monica answers a phone call while Chandler pulls on the door to free Joey, who crashes into the Thanksgiving dinner, making a giant mess. Chandler expects Monica to be furious over the mess, but Monica doesn't care because the phone call she just answered was from the adoption agency and she just found out that she and Chandler have been selected by a girl from Ohio to adopt her baby. The fight is instantly forgotten, and the six friends sit down for their late Thanksgiving meal and celebrate the wonderful news.
Cast and Crew
- This is the last Thanksgiving episode in the series.
- In "The One With The Rumor" (S8E9), when Rachel is pregnant, Monica says that next year there would be one more person with them on Thanksgiving. In this episode, Chandler says the same line.
- Running gag: Chandler makes a big deal of him making the cranberry sauce.
- Before the baby pageant begins, Rachel wears the same black and white top she wears in The Last One, Part 2, when Ross tells her he loves her at the airport.
- Rachel tries to open Monica and Chandler's locked door with her old key, which she says she's had since she moved out. However, in The One On The Last Night, when Rachel is moving out, she returns her key to Monica. And, even if she hadn't, in The One Where Rachel Tells..., Joey and Phoebe have Treeger break down the door, which leads to him changing the lock, so Rachel's old key wouldn't have worked, unless Monica and Chandler somehow changed the lock back to their previous lock. Although, at The Last One, Part 2, it is revealed that all the friends had keys to the apartment.
- When Rachel and Phoebe are talking in the Baby Beauty Contest and Rachel is holding Emma, Emma's head instantly changes position between shots several times, often going through 180 degrees. Clearly they couldn't get her to do the scene in one take and therefore the editing suffers.
- The food/sauce stain Joey gets on his shirt (after running into the cart) changes between shots.
- When Monica says "cranberry sauce" the position of her arms change between shots.
- When Joey sees all the food, and Chandler says "The cranberries", in the first shot, Monica's arms are loose, in the next shot, her elbows are on the table, when she says "A monkey could've made them."
- A shot of a New York street at night is shown, however in the next shot you can clearly see it's still light outside the windows.
- There is a street overview right after the hall scene where the Twin Towers are visible. Given that the older seasons prominently showed the Towers, the fact that 9/11 did occur in the Friends universe and that this episode takes place in 2003, it shouldn't be there.
- Monica says that she won a pie eating contesting by eating 12 pies and a part of one tin in two minutes. This would average at around 9.8 seconds per pie. Depending on the size of the pies, this seems highly unlikely.
- When Joey and the gang pop their heads through the door, you can count 13 links on the security chain, later when Joey gets his head stuck in the door, you can count 12 links.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Home Study"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Birth Mother"
|<< Season 9||Season 10|
|#01||"The One After Joey And Rachel Kiss"||#07||"The One With The Home Study"||#13||"The One Where Joey Speaks French"|
|#02||"The One Where Ross Is Fine"||#08||"The One With The Late Thanksgiving"||#14||"The One With Princess Consuela"|
|#03||"The One With Ross' Tan"||#09||"The One With The Birth Mother"||#15||"The One Where Estelle Dies"|
|#04||"The One With The Cake"||#10||"The One Where Chandler Gets Caught||#16||"The One With Rachel's Going Away Party"|
|#05||"The One Where Rachel's Sister Babysits"||#11||"The One Where The Stripper Cries"||#17||"The Last One, Part 1"|
|#06||"The One With Ross's Grant"||#12||"The One With Phoebe's Wedding"||#18||"The Last One, Part 2"|