|"The One With The Memorial Service"|
Phoebe trying to get over her breakup with Mike
|Written by|| Robert Carlock|
|Directed by||Gary Halvorson|
|Guest stars|| Alexandra Conley as Emma |
Athina Conley as Emma
Ernie Grunwald as Tom Gordon
Ivana Milicevic as Kori Weston
Paul Rudd as Mike Hannigan
Jonathan Slavin as Manny
|Original airdate||March 13, 2003|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With The Memorial Service" is the seventeenth episode of the ninth season of Friends, which aired on March 13, 2003.
Ross becomes a member of his college alumni site. When Ross annoys him and Joey, Chandler writes "Ross has sex with dinosaurs" on Ross' page. Ross creates a page for Chandler where he claims that Chandler is very gay. This leads to Chandler posting that Ross is dead (hit by a blimp). At frst, Ross plans to post doctered photos of Chandler being gay, but then mocks Chandler that his fake comments on Ross' death didn't get any comments...until he realizes that this means none of his college firends care if he is dead. The two make up and, with Monica, throw a fake memorial service for Ross, where only two people show up: A male classmate who had a crush on Chandler and wants to get with him (and mistakes Monica for a transvestite due to a miscommunication) and a hot girl who revealed she had a crush on Ross. However, she is appaled when she finds out Ross was lying and that the whole thing was a childish game between the two adults. She storms out, but Ross is giddy over the fact that one of the hottest girls at his college had a crush on him.
Joey is not willing to give his favorite stuffed animal, Huggsy, to Emma. Joey Buys another Huggsy, with the only difference is that there is a button on the new one and no button on Joey's. However, even though it is exactly the same (aside from the button), Emma hates the new one and wantgs the original. Finally Rachel explains that Emma loves Huggsy because it reminds her of Joey (though at the last second Joey changes his mind and keeps Huggsy anyway).
Cast and CrewEdit
- In this episode Phoebe says "Monica Geller hyphen Bing" but we learn in The One With Princess Consuela that Monica didn't change her name.
- In one scene, after Ross spread the rumor about Chandler being gay, Monica jokes that Chandler keeps making her watch Moulin Rouge. Moulin Rouge is a 2001 musical film about a poet who falls in love with a cabaret performer.
- This episode techincally "predicted" FaceBook; even though FB wasn't created for another year (and didn't become open to the public until 2006), the college alumni site Ross and Chandler were apart of is basically the same concept of FB.
- In "The One with Joey's New Brain," Phoebe tells the cellphone guy that she lives in apartment 14. But in this episode when Mike and Monica are standing at Phoebe's door, and her apartment number, 16, is visible.
- After Phoebe kisses Mike in her apartment, Mikes friend rushes in and discovers them. As soon as the shot widens, Mike's hand moves from being behind Phoebes head to his lap.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Boob Job"
|Series Nine Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Lottery"