|The One With The Nap Partners|
|Season 7, episode 6|
|152nd overall episode of Friends|
|Joey and Ross take a nap together.|
November 9, 2000
Monica announces to Rachel and Phoebe that they have to decide amongst themselves who will be her maid of honor because she can't decide. The three girls agree to have a system where each will be the others maid of honor once, but Rachel and Phoebe still compete to decide who will be Monica's now. After several attempts at deciding, and having Ross and Joey make the choice, they eventually just flip a coin and it comes up in favor of Phoebe. Rachel admits defeat, and gives Phoebe all the stuff she'd prepared beforehand. Phoebe decides to give the job to Rachel, seeing how much thought she'd put in. Rachel's joy quickly evaporates however when Monica quickly makes it clear she has several very specific ideas for the ceremony and demands regular meetings. Phoebe originally finds this hilarious, until Rachel points out that now Monica will be Phoebe's maid of honor.
While at brunch, an ex-girlfriend of Chandler's overhears Monica mention his name and sarcastically says "good luck!" Monica learns that she was Chandler's girlfriend from summer camp and that he dumped her because she had gotten fat, leading Monica to worry that Chandler will dump her if she gets fat, particularly when she gets pregnant, as that already happened to her once. She forces Chandler to go to the girl to apologize, but when he does the two find she hadn't actually been aware of the reason for the break-up, embarrassing him. Chandler assures Monica she has nothing to worry about and he'll love her no matter her size.
Joey and Ross watch a movie and fall asleep together on the couch. Having enjoyed the experience, Joey tries to get Ross to nap together again but Ross refuses because it's too weird. He eventually gives in but the rest of the gang walks in and sees them.
Cast and CrewEdit
- At the start of the episode; Ross, Chandler and Joey are watching Die Hard featuring Bruce Willis, who previously played Paul Stevens.
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, an extra scene during Phoebe and Rachel's contest shows Joey attempt to nap with Ross again.
- The Magna Doodle in this episode shows a drawing of a motorbike.
- The photo album Chandler and Monica look through is the same one used to try and make Chandler cry in "The One Where Chandler Can't Cry" (S6E14).
- Rachel mentions to Phoebe that Monica will end up being her maid of honor, which happens in "The One With Phoebe's Wedding" (S10E12).
- In this episode Ross is wearing the same jumper that Joey was wearing in season 7, episode 4 (The one with Rachel's assistant) that he was wearing to his audition and split stuff on and had to get a replacement from Rachel's work. First off, the episode where Joey borrows a shirt is the next one, "The One With The Engagement Picture" and second, even though the jumpers are very similar, they're not the same.
- Monica and Chandler are in their apartment talking about Monica's worries that Chandler would dump her if she put on weight. When we first see Monica, the bite mark in her apple is quite small, but a few seconds later, it is suddenly much bigger without her eating any more of it.
- In Rachel's maid of honor speech, she says that she met Chandler when he was 25. They met at Thanksgiving during Ross and Chandler's first year at college, making him younger. However, Rachel doesn't seem to remember Chandler much from before, and he was 25 when they first met in the Pilot. Rachel doesn't say she first met Chandler when he was 25, she said she first became friends with him when he was 25. It's understandable that she wouldn't have considered him her friend when they first met as she was very stuck up then.
- In the scene where Chandler is watching a pornographic documentary about a girls' car wash, exposed breasts can clearly be seen. Whilst not necessarily a goof, this should affect the rating for the DVD version if it had been noticed.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Engagement Picture"
|Series Seven Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Ross' Library Book"