|"The One With The Princess Leia Fantasy"|
Ross and Rachel (as Princess Leia)
|Written by||Michael Curtis & Gregory S. Malins|
|Directed by||Gail Mancuso|
|Guest stars|| Elliott Gould - Jack Geller |
Christina Pickles - Judy Geller
Maggie Wheeler - Janice
|Original airdate||September 19, 1996|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
The episode begins with the group walking into Central Perk and discovering that their couch is already occupied. They stand at the doorway for a moment, before slowly walking back out the door.
Monica is still crushed by her break-up with Richard. She hasn't slept in days and keeps remembering him over things such as hair he left in the drain and a box of video tapes about the Civil War she picked up for him at the post office. Ross even picks her up from the Szechwan Dragon when she believes she works there. When her father Jack drops by to talk to her, he reveals to her that Richard is also a mess - much more than he was after his marriage - which is good enough for Monica to start getting some closure with him. She finally falls asleep.
Joey cannot stand that Chandler is dating Janice again. He tries to talk to the group about how to get rid of her, but they seem to have accepted her into the group more easily than he actually is. Eventually, Chandler finds out how Joey has a problem with Janice and tells her about this. Janice talks to Joey about this and drags him with her and hangs out with him for a whole day. Although Joey pretends to have had fun, he still can't stand the woman, but Chandler appreciates his gesture and his efforts to like her.
Rachel tries to spice up Ross by requesting any sexual fantasies he might have. He recounts the Return Of The Jedi moment where Princess Leia is shown as Jabba's prisoner wearing her notorious gold bikini. She tells Phoebe about this, and whether it's worth going with, but Phoebe mocks Rachel about this in front of Ross while holding two buns to the side of her head to look like Leia. Although at first appalled that Rachel shared his private fantasies with her friends, Ross tries to do the same with Chandler, but Chandler scares him off when he tells him how he imagines his mother when he's having sex with a girl (something which Joey does too, albeit with Chandler's mom in his head and not his own mother).
Ross is about to fulfill his fantasy with a Rachel dressed exactly like Princess Leia, but Chandler's scary sexual fantasy kicks in and he start seeing his mother Judy in the Leia outfit. As Ross states about Chandler, "that bastard ruined my [his] life".
Cast and CrewEdit
- When the gang walks into Central Perk, the couch is occupied by the writers of season three of Friends.
- The contestant on Wheel of Fortune is actually Michael Curtis, one of the writers of this episode.
- When Chandler and Ross are "sharing", Chandler mentions two important future characters: Elle Macpherson and "that girl at the Xerox place":
- In Season 6, Elle Macpherson, as Janine, becomes Joey's roommate and then his girlfriend. He breaks up with her when she keeps insulting Monica and Chandler.
- In The One Where Ross And Rachel Take A Break and The One The Morning After, Chloe kisses and sleeps with Ross, which leads to him and Rachel breaking up.
- Monica is supposed to be very depressed in this episode, because of her breakup with Richard. But in the very first scene she looks perfectly fine when walking into Central Perk discovering the people sitting in their sofa.
- In the scene where Janice tells Chandler about Joey and Janice's Day of Fun the position of her hair changes from in front of her shoulders to behind between shots.
- When Ross and Rachel come back to her apartment after he has found out she told Phoebe, Ross gets a chocolate bar out of the fridge and takes a bite, however when the shot goes back to him a few seconds later the chocolate bar is whole.
- When Rachel is dressed up as Princess Leia, she uses the legendary metal bikini, but she also is with the "cinnamon bun" hairstyle. In Return of the Jedi, Leia's hair while in the metal bikini was a pony tail.
- At the end of the episode, Monica and Ross' father Jack smokes the cigar Monica left on the coffee table. As his wife is away on bridge night, Monica is asleep and Ross isn't there, this implies that he smokes secretly. This he does at least once again in The One Where Rosita Dies, where he lights up a cigarette out of guilt of ruining Monica's childhood memories by blocking the flood with her boxes.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Barry And Mindy's Wedding"
|"The One With The Princess Leia Fantasy"|| Followed by |
"The One Where No One's Ready"