|The One With The Race Car Bed|
|Season 3, episode 7|
|55th overall episode of Friends|
|The race car bed.|
November 7, 1996
|“|| Ross: When you guys were kids, and played, uh, "Happy Days", who were you? I was always Richie.|
Monica: I was always Joanie!
"The One With The Race Car Bed" is the seventh episode of the third season of Friends, which aired on November 7, 1996.
Joey becomes a learning extension teacher in soap acting. Monica buys a bed from Janice's ex-husband, but the wrong one is delivered. Rachel convinces Ross to dine with her dad, who treats him even worse than he feared. The next day, Ross and Dr. Green find each-other making jokes about Rachel's chiropractor and general lack of good sense. When Joey hears one of his students is also auditioning for the same role he wants, he tries to sabotage him by giving him bad advice about how to play the character. While shopping with Monica, Joey sees something startling.
Cast & Crew
Ron Leibman - Dr. Leonard Green
Khalil Kain - Cal
Maggie Wheeler - Janice
Mark Cohen - Mattress King
Andre Rosey Brown - Delivery Man
James Michael Tyler - Gunther
Simon Harvey - Jester
'Shashi Bhatia - Acting Student #1
Steven Harad - Acting Student #2
- In this episode Joey says that he has never been able to cry as an actor however in the episode "The One In Massapequa", Joey says that "at least one person will be crying. I'm an actor, and any actor worth his salt can cry on cue." although he does go on to reveal that this in fact is not true.
- On the first day of Joey's soap opera acting class, he writes his name on the board not paying attention. When the shot cuts away to the students and goes back to Joey, his handwriting on the board has rearranged. When the shot goes back to the students again, and then back to Joey, his handwriting has changed back to the way it was when he first wrote it.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Gunther's love for Rachel.
- The song that Joey "sings" on the beginning of the episode is 'Baby Elephant Walk'. This is when we find out about Pheobe supernatural ability. She can hear the song Joey is singing in mind. (She also can't wear digital watch as she mentions in The One With George Stephanopoulos and she can clean an aura as she tries clean Ross in the Pilot).
- Rachel says that if she squint, she can pretend Ross is Alan Alda. Alan Alda is an actor known from the M*A*S*H series, where he played main character.
- in this episode, it is mentioned Ross allergic to lobster (in The One With the Baby on the Bus find out he is allergic to lobster, peanuts and kiwi).
- This is the last time that Dr. Green is seen inside Monica's Apartment.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Flashback"
|The One With The Race Car Bed|| Followed by |
"The One With The Giant Poking Device"