|The One With The Sharks|
|Season 9, episode 4|
|198th overall episode of Friends|
|Monica suspects Chandler watches shark porn.|
October 17, 2002
"The One With The Sharks" is the fourth episode of the ninth season of Friends, which aired on October 17, 2002.
Monica goes out to Tulsa to surprise Chandler. Chandler is watching porn in his hotel room and when Monica comes in, he quickly switches the channel to a movie about sharks. When Monica sees this, she thinks he has a shark fetish. When he comes home, she puts a shark movie on to try and arouse him but when Chandler tells her the truth, she is very relieved.
Ahead of a date with Mike, Ross tells Phoebe how he likes her dating attitude of going from person to person and not having anything serious. This upsets Phoebe who begins to cry when Mike walks in to pick her up. Ross goes to her apartment the next day to apologize and Phoebe fears Mike could have actually been the one. Ross goes to Mike's apartment to explain himself and accidentally reveals how she hasn't had a serious relationship, despite Mike already arranging another date with Phoebe. Ross then lies saying Phoebe had a six year relationship with a kite designer named Vikram. Phoebe originally refuses to go along with it but does anyway and explains how Vikram has been calling her because he's lonely but says she left him because he slept with Rachel. Mike says he'd 'beat him up for her, unless he's really big where he'd instead send a rude letter'. Noticing how much Mike will do for her, Phoebe tells him the truth and he accepts it, just as Ross calls pretending to be Vikram. However, judging by the fact that they're still together, Phoebe explains this.
Joey goes on a date with an attractive woman he meets in the coffee house. Upon going back to her apartment, he recognizes it and assumes he must have slept with her before. However, when Joey brings it up and she says she hasn't' slept with him, her roommate walks in...who Joey had slept with.
Cast and CrewEdit
- Courtney Cox - Monica Geller
- Lisa Kudrow - Phoebe Buffay
- Matt LeBlanc - Joey Tribbiani
- Matthew Perry - Chandler Bing
- David Schwimmer - Ross Geller
- Nikita Ager - Poppy
- Paul Rudd - Mike Hannigan
- James Michael Tyler - Gunther
- Susan Ward - Hayley
- Phil Donlon - Bellhop
Directed By: Ben Weiss
Written By: Andrew Reich & Ted Cohen
- Phoebe says that she hasn't been married in response to Ross saying that he shouldn't pay attention to his comments because he has been married & divorced 3 times. However, she had been in a green card marriage for about 6 years with a gay (although he later finds out he's straight) ice-dancer, Duncan Sullivan.
- Both Joey and Phoebe say they never had relationships that lasted longer than a month. However, Phoebe dated a cop called Gary for longer than a month, and it is said in the earlier seasons that Joey had been with a girl called Angela DelVeccio for three years.
- In one scene, when Ross goes to Phoebe's apartment, he comes bearing veggie hotdogs for having ruined her date with Mike. During their conversation the camera cuts between them a couple times. Although Phoebe has paper towels in her hand, she does not appear to motion as if to tear one off, nor does either of them seem to take a bit of the treat. However in between takes they all of a sudden switch from unscathed and on the counter surface to missing a bite and placed neatly on a paper towel.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Pediatrician"
|Series Nine Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Phoebe's Birthday Dinner"