|The One With The Stripper|
|Season 8, episode 8|
|178th overall episode of Friends|
|Chandler and Joey are not-so-much enjoying the party.|
November 15, 2001
"The One With The Stripper" is the eighth episode of the eighth season of Friends, which aired on November 15, 2001.
Chandler finds out that Monica had a bacholerette party with a stripper even though they promised not to have bachelor/bachelorette parties. Rachel takes Phoebe to have dinner with Rachel's dad because she is afraid her dad will be really angry when Rachel tells him she's pregnant. Mr. Green is delighted to hear he will be grandfather but freaks out when he finds out that Rachel isn't getting married so she tells him Ross won't marry her. Monica feels bad about having had a bachelorette party so she organizes a bachelor party including a stripper for Chandler. Joey is the only "guest" at Chandler's bachelor party because Chandler is embarrassed and doesn't really want to have the party. The stripper comes a-knocking but turns out to be a hooker. Monica feels bad that her plan failed; she tells Chandler that she promised him a stripper and he's going to get one and begins to do a strip-tease for him herself, a solution that Chandler seems very happy with. Mr. Green goes to see Ross to yell at him but unfortunately for Ross, Mona is there too so they are both yelling at Ross. Rachel explains everything to her dad and Mona who makes up with Ross.
Cast and Crew
- This is the second and last appearance of Stu, Monica's antagonistic colleague. He previously appeared in "The One With The Girl From Poughkeepsie" (S4E10), which was 95 episodes ago.
- This is the first appearance of Dr. Green since "The One With The Race Car Bed" (S3E7), which was 123 episodes ago.
- This is the only episode that Dr. Green is seen inside one of Ross's apartments (ones he owned).
- Ross is the only of the main characters in this episode to wear the same clothing throughout the entire episode.
- Oddly, Chandler has no desire to smoke when the hooker smokes in the apartment.
- The joke Monica makes "I knew giving you that book was gonna come back and bite me in the ass" was used before they go to their honeymoon in the original script of "The One Where Rachel Tells...".
- In the coffee shop, Joey refers to Mona as 'Laura' and neither Ross nor Chandler correct him.
- When Chandler is asking the hooker if she is a stripper, his left hand is on his leg. In the next scene, when she's explaining the extras, his hands are near his stomach. After this, when he's saying "nah ah ah nah", his left hand is on the air.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Stain"
|Season Eight Episodes|| Followed by|
"The One With The Rumor"