|"The One With The Truth About London"|
Monica tells Chandler the truth
|Written by|| Brian Buckner|
|Directed by||David Schwimmer|
|Guest stars|| Jane Sibbett - Carol Willick |
Cole Sprouse - Ben Geller
James Michael Tyler - Gunther
|Original airdate||February 22, 2001|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
"The One With The Truth About London" is the sixteenth episode of the seventh season of Friends, which aired on February 22, 2001.
Rachel watches Ben for an hour and is a little scared because she's never been alone with him before. Rachel teaches Ben practical jokes to entertain him but everybody hates the pranks. Chandler and Monica try to choose a minister but can't find one so they promise Joey that he can marry them. Joey gets his minister certificate on the Internet and writes his speech including the story how Chandler and Monica got together. Chandler finds out that Monica actually wanted to sleep with Joey when she knocked on the door but Chandler was the only one there. Chandler is really upset and doesn't want Joey to do the wedding anymore. Joey talks to him about how Chandler and Monica are meant for each other and nothing could take that away and Chandler is happy to let Joey do the wedding. Phoebe then wonders what would have happened if Monica did sleep with Joey.We then see Monica cooking dinner and shouting to Joey to come over. He is overweight and he tucks into his food. Ross and Ben play a prank on Rachel so she will stop teaching them to Ben.
Cast and CrewEdit
- After this episode Joey has kissed all of his 5 other friends. He kissed Chandler on New Year's Eve in season one and Rachel on New Year's Eve in season five. He kissed Ross when he was trying out for a gay role, he kissed Phoebe in "The One With Two Parts" and "The One Where They All Turn Thirty" and in the end of this episode he kisses Monica, although it is in a what-if scene.
- This is the final appearance of Carol in the series.
- Jennifer Aniston wasn't told by the cast or the director that Ross would fall down the stairs, which is why she reacted so badly when he did fall.
- To hide the plan from them is a trick some directors use in order to get the actor's/actressess' real scared reaction.
- Huggsy appears in this episode, but is only seen sitting next to Ben, and is not mentioned.
- Ross claims to have said "I'll be revenged" when pranked in school. This is reference to Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night', as these are the final words of the character Malvolio.
- Rachel states that Ben is 6 years old, though since Ben was born in May 1995, he would have been 5 years. He'll be 6 years old in a couple of months, and since its Season 7 and he was born in Season 1 it's convenient to just say 6 years.
- In this episode, we see that Joey took all but one of Chandler's condoms the night Chandler and Monica first slept together in London, however in The One After Ross Says Rachel, Chandler said that they'd made love 7 times that night. However, it's possible that Chandler had a second box of condoms in his bag—we saw him put a red box of condoms into his bag in The One With Ross' Wedding, Part 1, yet the box Joey leaves the hotel room with in the flashback in this episode is blue.
- When Joey is reading his speech about all the giving and receiving, Chandler has his legs on the table at the coffee shop. You can see his shoes on the table when they show Joey, but when they change the shot to Chandler his legs are on the floor and crossed.
- When Joey comes into Chandler and Monica's apartment to convince them to let him marry them you can see the microphone swinging from the ceiling.
- There is an extra storyline involving Phoebe taking painkillers(hexadrin) for a headache. At first she loves them but when she reads the information leaflet she becomes paranoid, thinking all the side effects will happen to her. In the end she learns the effects wear off after six hours and she is clear, but she starts showing symptoms of temporary euphoria.
| Preceded by|
"The One With Joey's New Brain"
|Season Seven Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Cheap Wedding Dress"