|The One With The Worst Best Man Ever|
|Season 4, episode 22|
|95th overall episode of Friends|
|The stripper is suspected of stealing the ring.|
April 30, 1998
"The One With The Worst Best Man Ever" is the twenty-second episode of the fourth season of Friends, which aired on April 30, 1998.
Phoebe starts to get tired of being pregnant. Her pregnancy also becomes a problem for the gang because of her mood swings, which she denies, and then she starts to act bitchy. Monica and Rachel decide to throw her a baby shower, however since she won't be keeping the triplets they decide to give her things she can enjoy after the babies are born. This backfires, and Phoebe is angry that she's got a bunch of presents she can't use yet. She makes up with the girls, but they cool down again after Phoebe keeps tricking them that she goes into labor.
Ross comes over to give the ring to Chandler, which causes problems with Joey, as he expected to be the best man at Ross' wedding. When Chandler tries to solve it by offering Joey to be the best man on his wedding, he comes in problems with Ross, who also wants that position. Ross decides that Joey will be his best man, leading to problems with Chandler, him even asking Gunther to be his best man. Joey organizes a bachelor party for Ross, but of course he has to sleep with the stripper after the party. Worse is that the ring is gone when he wakes up. The guys immediately suspect the stripper, but when they invite her to Chandler's office under a false name, it turns out that she wasn't the one who stole the ring. The only other person that has been in Joey's room was the duck, so they take him to the vet and it turns out that he actually swallowed it. Joey wants to step back as the best man because he screwed it, but Ross wants them both to be his best men, telling them that he's lucky to have both of them, which cause all three of them to get emotional.
Cast and Crew
- The magna doodle at the begining of the episode says "Big Chief Ain't Got No Fire Water".
- During the party, "Another one bites the dust" is writing on the magna doodle.
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, Jasmine is at Phoebe's baby shower. Phoebe screams at her for giving her the leather pants. At the end of the scene, Phoebe gets up and goes to the bathroom, ripping down the decorations in the process.
- The DVD episode also features a tag scene with Ross and Monica in Central Perk, where Ross confesses that he has his grandmother's ring because Judy thought Monica didn't need one. Monica then tells Emily where the ring has been. The regular episode features a tag scene with the duck swimming in a bucket.
- Helen Baxendale is credited in both versions of the episode, despite her only appearing in the tag scene of the uncut DVD version of the episode.
- Instead of balloons for decorating Ross's bachelor party, Joey covers the in apartment in blown up condoms.
- This is Jasmine's first and only appearance in season 4. Its also her first appearance since The One With The Morning After (S3E16).
- Although its likely that he was kidding because of Joey misplacing the ring, Chandler tells him that he is gonna go and see Titanic in the cinema. The film came out December 19th 1997, 5 months before the airing of the episode.
- In the scene when Joey is showing the stripper how he has the duck totally trained you can see where the wall ends near is bedroom door and you can see his bed where the wall ends
- In the scene when they confront the stripper at Chandler's office. Ross starts shouting about his grandmothers ring, and as Chandler says "way to be cool, man", you can see Joey ducking behind Ross, covering his mouth with laughter. A brief cut away, then back and he's standing with the others again looking serious.
- Why does Monica have a bible sitting out on her table?
- Monica and Rachel are brainstorming ideas for Phoebe's baby shower, they mention that someone could get her those leather pants that "she's always wanted". However, Phoebe is a vegetarian and very opposed to wearing clothing made from animals. In "The One With The Yeti" (S5E6), she gave away the mink coat from her mom. Also, in "The One Where Ross and Rachel...You Know " (S2E15), when Joey and Chandler first bought their leather chairs she said she couldn't believe that "two cows made the ultimate sacrifice" for the guys' comfort.
- It's possible that Monica and Rachel were talking about faux leather pants instead of real leather
- In the scene when Chandler is saying "it's akward", you can see Joey getting up. in the next scene, he's still sitting down.
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Invitation"
|Season 4 Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Ross' Wedding, Part 1"
|<< Season 3||Season 4||Season 5 >>|
|#01||"The One With The Jellyfish"||#09||"The One Where They're Going To Party"||#17||"The One With The Free Porn"|
|#02||"The One With The Cat"||#10||"The One With The Girl From Poughkeepsie"||#18||"The One With Rachel's New Dress"|
|#03||"The One With The Cuffs"||#11||"The One With Phoebe's Uterus"||#19||"The One With All The Haste"|
|#04||"The One With The Ballroom Dancing"||#12||"The One With The Embryos||#20||"The One With All The Wedding Dresses"|
|#05||"The One With Joey's New Girlfriend"||#13||"The One With Rachel's Crush"||#21||"The One With The Invitation"|
|#06||"The One With The Dirty Girl"||#14||"The One With Joey's Dirty Day"||#22||"The One With The Worst Best Man Ever"|
|#07||"The One Where Chandler Crosses The Line"||#15||"The One With All The Rugby"||#23||"The One With Ross' Wedding, Part 1"|
|#08||"The One With Chandler In A Box"||#16||"The One With The Fake Party"||#24||"The One With Ross' Wedding, Part 2"|