|The One With The Yeti|
|Season 5, episode 6|
|103rd overall episode of Friends|
|Rachel and Monica talk to the "yeti".|
November 5, 1998
"The One With The Yeti" is the sixth episode of the fifth season of Friends, which aired on November 5, 1998.
Phoebe's mother send her an heirloom that belonged to her grandmother. She's really excited about it, but it turns out to be a fur. Phoebe wants to burn it, but Rachel thinks it's a crime against fashion. However, when Phoebe starts wears it, she discovers it really looks great and agrees with Rachel. When Phoebe walks past a couple of squirrels, however, she can't stand it anymore and gives the coat to a stranger.
Ross is selling all his furniture because Emily doesn't want to live in a house with furniture that Rachel sat on. The group thinks this is a bit extreme, but they have to keep their feelings for themselves because it makes Ross happy. When Emily also demands Ross to move to a new apartment, one from her cousin, Joey can't stand it any longer and he flips out. They explain their doubts to Ross, but he says that this marriage has to work. When Emily freaks out over the phone about Ross having dinner with Rachel, despite this being the last meal the group planned to have together before Ross moved, he tells Emily she's got to trust him or their marriage won't work. Because Emily can't trust him, the two decide to divorce.
Monica and Rachel are in the storage room to get the waffle iron, which lays under a bug bomb. When they turn to leave, a scary looking man with a wild beard comes in with a pick axe, and they fog him with the bug bomb. It turns out to be Danny, their new neighbor. When Monica and Rachel go over to apologize, he says just "okay" and closes the door, which the girls find really rude. When Rachel meets Danny later on, after he had to get his hair cut short to get rid of the fog smell, she likes him. He initially thinks Rachel is just into the looks, but after Rachel gives an awkward speech about how they are both guilty of making snap judgments and she is at least trying to move past her initial impression, they agree to eat some pizza together.
- This is the last physical appearance of Emily in the series; she appears in "The One With The Ride Along", but only her voice is heard.
- This is the first episode where Monica and Chandler's affair is not a part of any of the storylines.
- The Magna Doodle says "WHY" in bold, most likely due to Joey's opinion of Chandler and Monica's secret affair.
- When Emily calls Ross at Monica's apartment, he says he's going to put Emily on speaker. However, he hangs up the handset BEFORE hitting the speakerphone button. Phones - particularly in the 90's - required you to first put someone on speakerphone by pressing the button and THEN hang up the phone.
- When Chandler and Monica are kissing on the chair, Chandler's hand is by his side. When the camera angle changes, his hand is on Monica's leg.
- When Joey says "Now he's moving?" the position of his left leg changes between this shot and the next shot.
- When Ross is moving out of his apartment, the phone on the charger keeps disappearing and reappearing.
- When Joey tells Monica and Chandler "If I have to pretend not to know about you two then you're gonna have to pretend there's nothing to know about," Joey's door is open. In the next shot it's closed, but when he walks into his room it's open again already.
Cast and Crew
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Kips"
|The One With The Yeti|| Followed by |
"The One Where Ross Moves In"